SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Romotive Inc., makers of ROMO, an affordable personal robot powered by the iPhone or iPod touch, is now exclusively sold at Brookstone stores through the end of 2013.
Beginning today, customers will be able to purchase ROMO at their local Brookstone store. Using an iPhone or iPod touch as his brain, ROMO puts highly advanced robotic technology in the hands of children ages 8 and up. After downloading ROMO's free app from the App Store, kids will be introduced to ROMO's hilarious and charming personality as they journey with him across the galaxy, playing challenging missions which introduce the simple concepts behind the programs and software that run our technological world.
"Romo represents what's next in interactive tech. He's fun, engaging, and harnesses the power of your smartphone," said Steve Schwartz, Vice President of Merchandising & Product Development for Brookstone. "We're thrilled to bring Romo to shoppers this holiday."
"We are very excited to embark on our first major distribution deal with a renowned retailer like Brookstone," said Keller Rinaudo, Co-founder and CEO of Romotive. "We are passionate about creating powerful robotic technology for everyone and look forward to expanding our reach with Brookstone."
ROMO is one of the first truly smart, evolving toys. His abilities and features expand over time as users find endless ways to play and learn with him. ROMO also functions as an advanced communications platform. With video calling, users can invite friends and family from anywhere in the world to drive their ROMO while streaming two-way audio/video. ROMO can also be controlled via Wi-Fi from any iOS device, allowing users to direct his dynamic facial expressions as they send him on impish journeys around the house.
ROMO's features include:
- PERSONALITY - ROMO has his own personality and will react to people and events around him
- TRAINING - Complete programming missions to unlock new abilities and features
- LEARNING - Learn ROMO's amazing story as you complete missions designed to teach the basics of computer programming
- OBJECT FOLLOW - ROMO can learn to follow certain objects - throw a brightly-colored ball and he'll chase after it!
- FACE TRACKING - ROMO can track and follow your face
- PATH TRACKING - ROMO can detect and follow tracks and paths that you create for him
- Wi-Fi CONTROL - Control ROMO using any iOS device over a Wi-Fi network
- TELEPRESENCE - Control ROMO from anywhere in the world while streaming two-way video and audio
Founded with the mission of putting highly advanced robotic technology in the hands of everyone, Romotive, Inc. launched into the public eye in 2011 with the release of the original ROMO, the first truly smart, evolving personal robot, controlled by iPhone or iPod touch. For more information please like Romotive on Facebook, follow on Twitter and visit Romotive.com.
Brookstone is an innovative product development company and multichannel lifestyle retailer. Brookstone operates more than 250 stores nationwide and in Puerto Rico. Located in shopping malls and airports, the stores feature unique and innovative consumer products. Brookstone also operates an e-commerce business that includes the Brookstone catalog and Brookstone.com. Fans of Brookstone are encouraged to like Brookstone on Facebook, follow on Twitter and The Fancy, and pin on Pinterest.
SOURCE Romotive Inc.