Routes Americas Moves to Denver, USA in 2015
MANCHESTER, England, September 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Denver International Airport named as host of 8th Routes Americas
Denver, Colorado, USA was today named as the host city for the 8th Routes Americas event, which will take place in February 2015 and be hosted by Denver International Airport, supported by Visit Denver. This will mark the first time that Routes Americas, the route development forum for the entire Americas region, will be held in North America.
Speaking today from Denver, Michael B. Hancock, the Mayor of the City & County of Denver, commented: "We are extremely excited to host Routes Americas in 2015 and provide a 'Mile High' welcome to airlines and airports from across North and South America," he said. "Expanding our global connectivity through Denver International Airport is a critical component of our ongoing international outreach efforts."
Kim Day, Manager of Aviation, Denver International Airport, added, "By hosting Routes Americas in 2015 we will be able to showcase all that Denver and Colorado have to offer as airlines look to expand their networks."
Adrian Newton, Group Director - Transport and Technology, UBM Live, organisers of the event, commented: "We are thrilled to be taking Routes Americas to Denver in February 2015, which will be the first time that the event will take place in the USA. Denver International Airport will celebrate its 20th anniversary and the FIS World Ski Championships will be hosted in Vail and Beaver Creek in the same month so it will be an exciting time to be there. Denver International Airport allows superb air access for the hundreds of delegates that will attend the event from across North and South America, the Caribbean as well as from further afield. Denver - the Mile High City - is a fantastic city that we are sure delegates will enjoy visiting. We look forward to working with the Denver International Airport and Visit Denver teams towards a great event in 2015."
In 2012 Denver International Airport served over 53 million passengers and ranked as the 5th-busiest airport in North America and the 13th-busiest airport in the world. 16 passenger airlines provide nearly 1,600 daily flights to more than 180 worldwide destinations nonstop from Denver International. Denver International Airport is a hub for United Airlines, Southwest Airlines and Frontier Airlines. In addition, Denver International is served by six foreign-flag carriers: Aeromexico, Air Canada, British Airways, Icelandair, Lufthansa and Volaris. In terms of domestic U.S. destinations served, Denver's robust network ranks second only to Atlanta (ATL): passengers today can reach more than 160 U.S. destinations in 45 states nonstop.
Denver International Airport will celebrate its 20th anniversary on 28 February 2015 and, in addition, the first major expansion to Denver International since 1995 is currently underway and will be completed in the first half of 2015. The South Terminal Redevelopment Program (STRP) will include the development of a new hotel and conference centre, public transit centre and public plaza for community programming and events that connects the development to the existing Jeppesen Terminal.
Denver has an iconic skyline located against the stunning backdrop of the Rocky Mountains
and the city is located just 340 miles / 547 kilometres from the exact centre of the continental United States - closer to the centre of the nation than any of city of its size. Coupled with an impressive air service, Denver also has a very strong public ground transportation system that connects the metropolitan area's three million residents.
Routes Americas attracts air service development professionals from North America, Central America, Latin America and the Caribbean and is the only airline/airport networking event that recognises the vital interdependence of these markets and their air links.
Notes to Editors
- Routes organises world-renowned airline and airport networking events through its regional and global Route Development Forums. Each year, there is one global event and one regional event in Asia, Africa, Europe, the Americas and CIS respectively. http://www.routesonline.com
- Routes was founded in 1995 as part of the Manchester UK-based ASM Ltd., a consultancy specialising in the field of route development for airports. http://www.asm-global.com
- Routes and ASM were acquired by UBM Aviation Worldwide Ltd in August 2010. From 1st August 2012 Routes, ASM and the Airport Cities Conference and Exhibition become part of the UBM Live division of UBM plc.
- For more information go to http://www.routesonline.com; follow us on Twitter; @Routesonline, @TheHUBRoutes, @VictoriaRoutes, @airlineroute
About UBM Plc
- UBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
- For more information, go to http://www.UBM.com; follow us on Twitter at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM corporate news; follow @UBMNews for news from all UBM's businesses; follow @UBM for a flavour of UBM from selected members of UBM's Twitterati.
SOURCE UBM Live Routes Ltd