Routes and Africa's RETOSA Agree to Strategic Partnership
MANCHESTER, England, June 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
On 30th May 2014 Routes (part of UBM Live) and the Regional Tourism Organization of Southern Africa (RETOSA) signed a Memorandum of Understanding to work together to improve air connectivity and travel facilitation to, from and within Africa.
"Collaboration between RETOSA and Routes as strategic partners is incredibly significant and long overdue. It is our hope that this will help advance our advocacy role in aviation development across the Southern Africa region. We also believe that this initiative will enhance public-private partnership and engagement in all matters relating to air connectivity, accessibility and travel facilitation in our region," said Simba Mandinyenya, Acting Executive Director, RETOSA.
"Aviation is a vital catalyst for Africa's continued economic growth as it facilitates business, trade, tourism and promotes sustainable development and Routes events are the meeting places that bring together the world's airlines with airports and destination stakeholders to discuss and negotiate air service opportunities," said Katie Bland, Director Routes, UBM Live.
"Therefore, RETOSA and Routes share a common goal, which is to improve air connectivity and tourism for Africa," continued Mrs. Bland. "We are delighted that RETOSA will be supporting two of our forthcoming Routes events to be hosted within the SADC region: Routes Africa 2014 in Victoria Falls, hosted by Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe from 22nd - 24th June 2014; and World Routes 2015 in Durban, hosted by KwaZulu-Natal Province from 20th - 22nd September 2015."
RETOSA is a Southern African Development Community (SADC) institution responsible for tourism growth and development. Their vision is to develop effective and impactful tourism initiatives in the SADC region in order to make Southern Africa a regional destination of choice by 2027.
RETOSA has 15 member states which include both Zimbabwe, the destination for this year's Routes Africa, 22-24 June in Victoria Falls, and South Africa which will see the global aviation community arrive in force when World Routes 2015 takes place in Durban, Kwa-Zulu Natal.
By aligning closely with Routes, RETOSA is demonstrating its commitment to improving travel facilitation in the SADC region and they will play an active role in driving content for the World Routes Strategy Summit and World Tourism Summit at World Routes 2015. Routes are confident that this partnership will also lead to improved participation from the 15 SADC members, including Ministerial attendance at future events.
Notes to Editors
- Routes organises world-renowned airline and airport networking events through its regional and global Route Development Forums. Each year, there is one global event and one regional event in Asia, Africa, Europe, the Americas and CIS respectively. http://www.routesonline.com
- Routes was founded in 1995 as part of the Manchester, UK-based ASM Ltd., a consultancy specialising in the field of route development for airports. http://www.asm-global.com. Routes and ASM are part of the UBM Live division of UBM plc.
- UBM Live connects people and creates opportunities for companies across five continents to develop new business, meet customers, launch new products, promote their brands and expand their markets. Through premiere brands such as MD&M, CPhI, IFSEC, TFM&A, Cruise Shipping Miami, the Concrete Show, the Routes portfolio of events, Airport Cities and many others, UBM Live exhibitions, conferences, awards programs, publications, websites and training and certification programs are an integral part of the marketing plans of companies across more than 20 industry sectors. http://www.ubmlive.com
Follow us on twitter: @Routesonline, @TheHUBRoutes, @VictoriaRoutes, @NLPROU, @airlineroute
About UBM plc
- UBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
- For more information, go to http://www.ubm.com; follow us on Twitter at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM corporate news; follow @UBM for news from all UBM's businesses; follow @UBM for a flavour of UBM from selected members of UBM's Twitterati.
SOURCE UBM Live Routes Ltd