Roxgold announces results of annual and special meeting
TORONTO, May 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ - Roxgold Inc. (ROG: TSX.V) ("Roxgold" or the "Company") is pleased to announce the results of its Annual and Special Meeting held on May 27, 2014 in Toronto. Shareholders voted to re-elect the Company's eight member Board of Directors ("The Board") as well as to approve its Shareholder Rights Plan ("the Rights Plan") with 69.60% of shares outstanding represented at the meeting.
The Company's eight member Board is comprised of:
- Mr. Richard Colterjohn
- Mr. John Dorward
- Mr. John L. Knowles
- Mr. Oliver Lennox-King
- Mr. Gordon Pridham
- Mr. Jonathan A. Rubenstein
- Mr. Walter Segsworth
- Mr. Joseph G. Spiteri
In addition, Roxgold shareholders also voted in favour of ratifying and approving:
- PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as the Company's auditors;
- Renewing the Company's rolling stock option plan (the "Option Plan") whereby the Company is authorized to grant stock options of up to 10% of its issued and outstanding shares, from time to time;
- Amendments to the Company's deferred share unit plan; and
- Amendments to the Company's restricted share unit plan.
Roxgold's Board of Directors would like to thank the Company's shareholders for their continued support.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Chairman of the Board
Roxgold is a gold exploration and development company with its key asset, the high grade, 100% owned Yaramoko Gold Project located in the Houndé greenstone region of Burkina Faso, West Africa. The Company is currently advancing Yaramoko's 55 Zone through permitting and expects to commence development in Q4 2014. Roxgold trades on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol ROG.
"Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release."
SOURCE Roxgold Inc.