Royal Marines, Ghanaian Navy and Marine Accident Investigation Branch to Discuss Fast Patrol & Interception
LONDON, February 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Small, high-speed vessels have long been at the forefront of interdiction missions, and they continue to get faster and tougher.
However, this added capability presents its own concerns, with increased whole body vibration and tougher wave impacts contributing to crew fatigue and limiting their ability to perform tasks. Solutions exist however, as do new tactics and strategies that are revolutionising the littoral zone.
Defence IQ's inaugural Fast Patrol & Interception is the definitive forum for maritime security forces from military and industry to discover the tactics available to overcome their piracy, smuggling, and trafficking concerns.
"Warships are the final word in force projection, but their utility is limited. Size is not always the answer, hampering the ability to operate in littoral and brown waters, and leaving the ship vulnerable to attack from small and nimble targets. With the world's eyes on the threat of piracy and smuggling, the need for small craft capable of high speeds has never been greater.
The Fast Patrol & Interception conference will provide unrivalled access to international requirements, plans and policy, procurement and operational military and law enforcement staff."- Rory Colthurst, Forum Director
Expert speakers at this industry forum will include:
- Colonel Richard Thurstan RM, Chief of Staff, 1 Assault Group Royal Marines
- Captain Andrew Moll, Deputy Chief Inspector, Marine Accident Investigation Branch
- Vice Admiral Mathew Quashie, Representative of Chief of Staff, Ghanaian Defence Force
- Captain James Robertson, Commanding Officer, US Coast Guard Europe
- Rob Tutton, M-80 Stiletto Project Manager, US Naval Surface Warfare Centre
- Inspector Roy Perez, Marine Section, Royal Gibraltar Police
- Commander Jon Ivar Kjellin, Commanding Officer, Norwegian Naval Special Warfare Group
Fast Patrol & Interception 2014 will take place on 25th - 27th March 2014 in London, UK. Find the full programme, speaker list and registration form at http://www.fastinterceptioncraft.com/news, call +44(0)20-9737 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Press are invited to attend this important industry forum. If you would like a complimentary press pass please email Nishkala Thiru at Nishkala.Thiru@iqpc.co.uk.
SOURCE Defence IQ