SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- RSA CONFERENCE 2014 --
- Enterprise customers of all sizes will soon be able to benefit from the latest capabilities in advanced cyber defenses such as Big Data security analytics, critical incident response and vulnerability management as fully managed security services thanks to a new RSA partner program, anchored by global MSSP Verizon Enterprise Solutions.
- The RSA Managed Security Program is designed to enable a new generation of managed security services to leverage intelligence-driven security solutions including RSA® Security Analytics.
- These new services tap into RSA's advanced, intelligence-driven Security Operations Center (SOC) capabilities for enterprises to accelerate the detection, investigation, remediation, and management of security incidents and vulnerabilities.
- RSA has signed Verizon Enterprise Solutions as its marquee global partner. In addition, RSA has signed three additional MSP partners, including Foreground Security, DataShield Consulting and Communication Valley Reply.
RSA, The Security Division of EMC (NYSE: EMC), today announced a new program designed to enable a new generation of managed security services, leveraging intelligence-driven security solutions such as RSA Security Analytics, to help enterprises better detect and mitigate advanced threats. RSA also announced it has signed Verizon Enterprise Solutions as its marquee global services partner along with three other managed security service providers to reach enterprise customers around the world.
Cyber threats have become so invasive and damaging, and attacks so widespread that legacy perimeter- or signature-based security controls and organizations with limited or immature security capabilities are finding themselves outmatched. The challenge for security practitioners is how to combat new and advanced targeted and persistent attacks in an environment of outdated security technologies and incident management processes amid a shortage of appropriately skilled security personnel.
The RSA Managed Security Partner (MSP) program provides a technology platform and accompanying professional services and training derived from RSA's industry-leading portfolio, to enable select partners to offer fully managed security and critical incident response services to customers. It leverages RSA's advanced, intelligence-driven Security Operations Center (SOC) capabilities, making them available and accessible to enterprises of all sizes to help accelerate the detection, investigation, remediation, and management of security incidents and vulnerabilities.
According to the Verizon 2013 Data Breach Investigations Report, 85 percent of compromises took hours or less. Disturbingly, in 66 percent of cases, the breach wasn't discovered for months or even years – a nearly 20 percent jump over the previous year. Additionally, the report indicates that in 22 percent of cases, it took months to contain the breach.
RSA provides MSP program members with the ability to rapidly adopt and build services around proven advanced security operations solutions including RSA Security Analytics, the RSA® Critical Incident Response Solution, RSA® Security Operations Management solution, RSA ECAT software, and RSA® Advanced Cyber Defense Practice. Together the RSA products and services are designed to enable RSA MSP program members to deliver the following capabilities to their customers:
- Comprehensive visibility, incorporating full network packet capture, logs, events, endpoint-sourced data, asset information, location of sensitive content, vulnerability information and other business and technical context
- Advanced security monitoring for detection, investigation, remediation, and management capabilities in a cost effective, off-the-shelf, modular yet integrated portfolio/solution
- Improved threat detection and investigative value that automatically enriches internally collected security telemetry with external threat and custom intelligence data
- Prioritized investigations and activity analysis based on customer or MSSP context, criticality, and the location of sensitive data
- Advanced endpoint malware detection and cleanup on endpoints and via the network without depending on file signatures
- Security incident management via customized advanced workflow management, notification and reporting functionality for incident management by MSSP or customer
- Skills enhancements for MSSP analysts via advanced security training and certification
RSA Executive Quote:
Amit Yoran, Senior Vice President, RSA, The Security Division of EMC
"Good enough security isn't good enough anymore. Organizations are compromised daily through the proliferation of advanced malware and the myriad opportunities that malicious actors have to mount cyber attacks. Security strategies and managed services that rely on an antiquated understanding of perimeter controls and legacy log monitoring methods can't provide the deep visibility or intelligence needed for enterprises to detect and deal with today's threats. RSA leads the way in defining and delivering intelligence-driven security solutions. RSA provides the market-leading capabilities for next generation visibility to the enterprise and advanced analytics-based contextual understanding through solutions that create the agility needed to manage business risk accordingly. Together with our Managed Security Partners, we're now able to make these innovative capabilities accessible to, and that level of defense achievable for, almost any enterprise."
Christina Richmond, Program Director, Infrastructure Security Services, IDC
"There's a security adage that 'bad guys only have to be right once, while good guys need to be right every time.' While no security is ever 'right' all the time, the attack surface has grown so wide and attackers so aggressive, organizations need to increase the ratio of right versus wrong. Once only accessible among elite organizations, security analytics capabilities like those offered by RSA have democratized and automated intelligence gathering and analysis. RSA and its managed security service partners are leading the way to make these powerful capabilities available to a broader set of customers that are struggling to defend their enterprises against sophisticated threats."
Managed Security Partner Quotes:
Eddie Schwartz, Vice President, Global Security Solutions, Verizon Enterprise Solutions
"By joining forces with RSA, Verizon is able to strengthen its strategic analytics capabilities to better protect enterprises. Combined with our deep threat intelligence, world-class MSSP capabilities and the unparalleled insight we gain from our global IP network, we will be better equipped to help clients swiftly recognize and respond to complex threats."
David Amsler, President and CIO of Foreground Security
"As a dedicated cyber security service provider and the only RSA Authorized Services Network Level 3 partner in the United States, Foreground Security is proud to now be one of the first RSA Managed Security Program partners. Organizations confronting more sophisticated cyber attacks, severe security talent shortages and other urgent challenges can benefit from the full array of Foreground and RSA's security management expertise, tailored and supported by Foreground's highly-experienced staff of over 100 CISSP and/or CSIRC certified experts. This new program keeps Foreground and RSA on the cutting edge of innovation, tools, capabilities, and threat intelligence and helps to change the managed security model away from reactive, signature-based security to a new intelligence- and analytics-driven model that provides actual value to our clients."
Michael Malone, CEO, DataShield Consulting "The evolving nature and explosive propagation of mal-weaponry that makes APT-style cyber-attacks possible cannot be defeated through conventional means. Intelligence-driven continuous monitoring of threat-based activity is required to protect the enterprise. In order to achieve the desired result, organizations must employ the required people, processes and technology to operationalize a threat-focused defense. This is where RSA and DataShield can help. RSA provides best-in-class technology and DataShield the proven processes and skilled resources to make next generation cyber defense a reality. As an RSA Managed Security Program partner, DataShield has the experience and skill sets to fill the void for organizations that are both head count and expertise constrained when attempting to detect and analyze threats. Enterprises want and need the actionable incident data to respond to adverse events that they aren't getting today with other technologies and services."
Guido Guerrieri, Executive Partner at Communication Valley Reply "Recognising Communication Valley Reply as the first European RSA Managed Security Program partner is an important milestone that underpins our continuous investment to support clients in the adoption of the best security solutions. Our world-class Security Operations Centre helps our clients protect their corporate environment and exploit the technology to its potential, effectively responding to any cyber-attacks quickly and securely. RSA leads the way in providing great technology, while Communication Valley Reply's services will assure clients that skilled people are watching 24x7 and constantly developing solutions that help protect the cyber security of their company."
- Learn more about the RSA Managed Security Partner program
- Read more about this story on EMC Pulse: "A New Generation of Managed Security Services for Advanced Cyber Defense"
- Learn more about the RSA solutions and services included within the RSA MSP program including RSA Security Analytics, the RSA Critical Incident Response Solution, RSA Security Operations Management solution, RSA ECAT software, RSA Web Threat Detection software, and RSA Advanced Cyber Defense Practice
- Connect with RSA via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and the RSA Speaking of Security Blog and Podcast
RSA, The Security Division of EMC, is the premier provider of security, risk, and compliance- management solutions for business acceleration. RSA helps the world's leading organizations succeed by solving their most complex and sensitive security challenges. These challenges include managing organizational risk, safeguarding mobile access and collaboration, proving compliance, and securing virtual and cloud environments. Combining business-critical controls in identity assurance, encryption & key management, SIEM, Data Loss Prevention, and Fraud Protection with industry-leading GRC capabilities and robust consulting services, RSA brings visibility and trust to millions of user identities, the transactions that they perform, and the data that is generated. For more information, please visit www.EMC.com/RSA.
RSA, EMC, Security Analytics, Critical Incident Response Solution, Security Operations Management and Advanced Cyber Defense Practice are either registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
This release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (iv) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (v) component and product quality and availability; (vi) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.'s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vii) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (viii) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (ix) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xii) threats and other disruptions to our secure data centers or networks; (xiii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (xiv) war or acts of terrorism; and (xv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in the filings of EMC Corporation, the parent company of RSA, with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC and RSA disclaim any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.