Rue La La and Charitybuzz Unveil Unique Online Boutique Offering VIP Experiences to Benefit Charity Catch a Lakers Game With Kareem Abdul Jabbar, View Art with Russell Simmons in the Hamptons, Take a Dream Trip to Hawaii and More Available on April 21
NEW YORK, April 21 /PRNewswire/ -- Rue La La, a leading private sale shopping destination, has partnered with charitybuzz, the top destination for online charity auctions, to launch the first private sale Boutique featuring VIP experiences that directly benefit charity.
This partnership marks the first time that charitybuzz's exclusive VIP packages will be available for direct purchase through an outside retailer. The 48-hour private sale Boutique will open April 21, at 11:00 a.m. ET.
Charitybuzz and Rue La La hand selected more than a dozen packages, including luxury merchandise, celebrity events and VIP tickets, to offer to Rue La La members. Access to Rue La La is through invitation-only, but to extend the reach of this unique event, Rue La La will provide limited-time access through www.ruelala.com/charitybuzz.
"Rue La La provides a strong platform for expanding the reach of our message - do good, live well," said charitybuzz CEO Coppy Holzman. "Consumers are beginning to realize that having the best and giving back aren't mutually exclusive. Now Rue La La's shoppers can participate in the thrill of gaining access to these once in a lifetime experiences while giving directly to worthy nonprofit organizations."
"Each of these charitybuzz experiences would be a lifetime memory in their own right. The fact that the funds behind each event are being put towards a charitable cause lifts this event to another level," said Ben Fischman, president and chief executive officer, Rue La La. "We are thrilled to partner with charitybuzz to offer the opportunity to give back to Rue La La's passionate members."
Select charitybuzz items and experiences available through the Rue La La Boutique include:
- Invitation to be Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's Guest at a Lakers Home Playoff Game: Be Kareem's personal guest and take home an autographed jersey. Purchase benefits The Sky Hook Foundation.
- Art For Life East Hampton Event on July 24, 2010: Rub shoulders with Russell Simmons and friends with a ticket to the summer's hottest charity event. Purchase benefits the Rush Philanthropic Arts Foundation.
- Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa (Maui, Hawaii): Enjoy a 4-night stay with daily breakfast, a private floating cabana candlelight dinner and airfare for two. Purchase benefits NURU Lights.
- Songwriters Hall of Fame 41st Annual Gala: Enjoy tickets and backstage access to mingle with celebrities at the music event of the season on June 17, 2010, in NYC. Purchase benefits the Songwriters Hall of Fame.
- "TUNNEY MUNNEY" Original Piece of Art: Designed by New York based artist Peter Tunney. Purchase benefits Artists for Peace and Justice.
- Diamond Earrings From JeffreyDesign: Classically brilliant earrings from the Forever White collection. Purchase benefits RFK Center for Justice and Human Rights.
For a complete view of available items, please visit www.ruelala.com/charitybuzz.
A leader in cause marketing, charitybuzz (www.charitybuzz.com) aligns nonprofits with international brands and celebrity icons to raise funds through innovative online auctions. Featuring pop culture experiences, VIP events, luxury travel, fine art, jewelry, fashion and sports memorabilia, charitybuzz brings its online community of upscale, socially conscious bidders exclusive opportunities to make a difference. The company enables its bidders to truly doGOOD and liveWELL, generating millions of dollars for charities around the globe. To learn more, please visit www.charitybuzz.com or email email@example.com.
ABOUT RUE LA LA
A recognized leader in the digital private space since April 2008, Rue La La is an exclusive, invitation-only online shopping destination that offers premier-brands within timed private sale lifestyle boutiques. Unexpected discovery, love of shopping and style, exceptional customer service and incredible value are the core of the company's foundation, which serves 1.6 million members. Founded by Ben Fischman, Rue La La is a part of Retail Convergence Inc. (RCI), a GSI Commerce Company. Experience Rue La La by visiting www.ruelala.com.
SOURCE Rue La La