Russia, European River Cruises and African Safaris Make Grand Circle's Top 10 List of Most Popular Summer Vacations for Americans 50+
BOSTON, May 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Russia, European river cruises, and African safaris top the list of the most popular summer destinations for the over 50 crowd, according to Grand Circle Corporation Chairman and CEO Alan E. Lewis. "Of the more than 80 land and sea vacations we offer, half (51.9%) of our travelers who are taking an international trip this summer booked one of these vacations," said Lewis.
*Top 10 Vacations For Americans 55+
1. Russia Revealed: Moscow to St. Petersburg
2. The Great Rivers of Europe (river cruise)
3. Eastern Europe to the Black Sea (river cruise tour)
4. Ultimate Africa: Botswana, Zambia & Zimbabwe Safari
5. Essence of the Elbe: Hamburg to Prague (river cruise tour)
6. Romance of the Rhine & Mosel (river cruise)
7. Cruising Burgundy & Provence to the Cote d'Azur (river cruise tour)
8. Safari Serengeti: Tanzania Loge & Tented Safari
9. The Seine: Paris to Normandy (river cruise)
10. Old World Prague & the Blue Danube (river cruise tour)
*(based on highest number of bookings with departures between Memorial-Labor Day 2012)
"Russia has long been of interest to older Americans who grew up during the Cold War, while river cruising in Europe is an affordable, leisurely way to see some of the most beautiful cities, towns and villages in the world," said Lewis. As for Africa, Lewis says that "with its wildlife and vibrant culture, Africa draws thousands of American travelers each year – of all ages. However, for older Americans, having the opportunity to meet local people and engage in cultural activities is just as important as wildlife viewing."
Grand Circle Corporation offers these and other vacations through travel brands Grand Circle Cruise Line, Overseas Adventure Travel, and Grand Circle Travel, and serves more than 100,000 Americans aged 50+ each year. For more information or a free catalog, please click the following links or call 1-800-2483737.
About Grand Circle Corporation
Grand Circle Corporation is the leader in international travel, adventure, and discovery for Americans 50+, providing a range of escorted tours, extended stay vacations, river cruises and cruise tours, small group land adventures and small ship voyages in more than 60 countries. Since 1992, the non-profit Grand Circle Foundation has donated or pledged more than $91M to some 300 humanitarian, educational, and cultural organizations worldwide. The company is headquartered in Boston, Mass. and has 33 offices worldwide.
SOURCE Grand Circle Cruise Line