SABESP announces agreement with the Municipality of Diadema
SAO PAULO, Aug. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Pursuant to CVM Instruction 358 of January 3, 2002, Companhia de Saneamento Basico do Estado de Sao Paulo - SABESP ("Company" - BM&FBovespa: SBSP3; NYSE: SBS), one of the largest water and sewage service providers in the world based on the number of customers, hereby announces that it has entered into an agreement with the Executive Power of the Municipality of Diadema to assume total control over the municipality's water and sewage services for a period of 30 years.
The main items of the agreement are:
- Total assumption of the concession, comprising water and sewage services, for 30 years.
- Settlement of the lawsuit in regard to debt arising from the expropriation of the assets by the municipal government.
- Settlement of the lawsuits related to wholesale water supply debt arising from the partial payment of water bills by Saned – the municipal company that currently provides these services in the municipality.
- The assumption of Saned's workforce by Sabesp.
- Compliance with the Municipal Sanitation Plan.
The realisation of the transaction and the signature of the agreement depend on approval by the municipal legislature.
More details will be available in a conference call to be held shortly.
More by this Source
SABESP anuncia resultados do 3T13
Nov 14, 2013, 17:22 ET
SABESP Announces 3Q13 Results
Nov 14, 2013, 17:20 ET
SABESP anuncia publicação das Deliberações nº 434 e nº 435 pela ARSESP
Nov 01, 2013, 20:22 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.