SAE International Offers Technical Standards and Papers in Customizable Packages
WARRENDALE, Pa., Oct. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- SAE International now offers its full complement of technical standards and papers in a variety of subscription packages ideal for individuals and small businesses in the mobility industry, providing affordable market-leading, quality information.
SAE International's extensive library of technical information is available in several different access and download options, including AeroPaks, JPaks, TechSelect, J1939 Standards and Aerospace Quality Standards – all of which are available through the SAE Digital Library.
The SAE Digital Library offers engineers a powerful, web-based library of over 200,000 standards, technical papers, eBooks, digital magazines, and related publications from SAE International and other industry leading organizations.
- AeroPaks – Access to over 8,000 SAE International aerospace standards, specifications, recommended practices, and resource documents available in the Digital Library – includes nearly 15,000 historical versions of SAE International's Aerospace Standards and Aerospace Material Specifications.
- Jpaks – Annual subscriptions that provide to access the more than 2,000 individual standards pertaining to passenger cars, trucks, motorcycles, trailers, snowmobiles, agricultural tractors, and other ground vehicles - includes more than 2,600 historical versions of SAE International Ground Vehicle Standards.
- TechSelect – A subscription package with access to 100,000 full-text SAE International technical papers dating back to 1906.
- J1939 Standards – A stand-alone volume that includes 18 core standards, 21 related standards, and seven related technical papers addressing the transmission of control information between vehicle components – applicable to construction, fire/rescue, forestry, materials handling, and on-highway sectors.
- Aerospace Quality Standards – A stand-alone volume of critical aerospace standards – including AS9100, AS9101, AS9102, and the AS9101D interactive checklist – established by the American Aerospace Quality Group and the International Aerospace Quality Group.
"SAE International has always been about quality technical information; and making that information available to the mobility engineering professionals who need it most." Michael Thompson, SAE International's Manager of Electronic Publishing said. "These subscription packages offer more convenience and flexibility, allowing individuals and small businesses to create the solutions that work best for them."
For more information, visit http://saedigitallibrary.org/; or call 1-888-875-3976 (U.S. and Canada) or 724-772-4086 (outside of the U.S.).
SAE International is a global association of more than 133,000 engineers and related technical experts in the aerospace, automotive and commercial-vehicle industries. SAE International's core competencies are life-long learning and voluntary consensus standards development. SAE International's charitable arm is the SAE Foundation, which supports many programs, including A World In Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series™.
- www.sae.org -
Contact: Shawn Andreassi of SAE International, 1-724-772-8522 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE SAE International