Safe Communications, Inc. Names Industry Veteran Chris Sherman New CTO MANAGEMENT TEAM STRENGTHENED AS MOUSEMAIL.COM PREPARES TO RELEASE NEW KID SAFE VERSION FOLLOWING SUCCESSFUL BETA
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., April 29, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Safe Communications, Inc. (Pink Sheets SGTB) announced today it has named Christopher Sherman as its new Chief Technology Officer (CTO). Sherman has an impressive technology background including IT strategy, product/software development and program management. He has led several technology/business re-alignments while developing mergers and acquisitions strategy and targeting. He has held senior positions in Fortune 500 companies as well as developing standards for the International Olympic Committee. Much of his career was devoted to software programs/products devoted to children and education. Most recently he was CTO for Pearson School Systems, a market leader in Student Information Systems for large and small school districts around the world. Sherman previously led technology for USATODAY.com and has managed engagements for such companies as Capital One and The Associated Press. Sherman's specific areas of expertise/experience:
- IT Strategy and Product Development – Led a product turnaround for a leading K-12 company. Managed all aspects of Product Development and turned a struggling commercial product with a poor market image into the leading product in its space – leading implementations for large customers including Chicago and Houston. Reduced staff size by 50% and total operating budget by 40% while improving operational efficiency and product quality. Introduced formal project management and a disciplined SDLC for the organization.
- Technology / Business Re-alignment – Led an effort for a small cap firm ($20MM revenue) to perform a gap analysis and re-alignment strategy to drive cost reduction, improve product quality and efficiency and prepare the firm for sale. Effort resulted in a re-structuring of the IT and Product organization, new hosting/services contracts, re-alignment of key business strategies and a new product rollout. The firm was sold and the new IT structure and key technology assets were highlighted as major drivers in the sale.
- Mergers & Acquisition – Managed the integration of three separate companies following a major acquisition. Main focus was IT but included focus and support for finance, HR and marketing. Prepared integration artifacts to support major milestones and timelines. Participated in M&A strategy and targeting efforts. Led IT diligence for multiple target companies.
- Program Management – Managed key program initiatives for a Fortune 500 financial institution. Key areas of focus included eCommerce and regulatory projects critical to emerging compliance legislation (Sarbanes-Oxley). Led efforts in business process re-engineering and process/systems integration to bring multiple disparate systems together under a single authority. Assisted in the evaluation and selection of key business intelligence tools to support new analysis required to meet compliance rules.
- Product Development Lifecycle – Developed and implemented a comprehensive SDLC to support all product development efforts for a leading K-12 commercial software company. That methodology has also been reviewed and is now being used in part by the Global 200 education/media company that acquired the original firm.
- Software Development – Managed the development and implementation of multiple key products for a high-profile media company. Worked with an international body and was key contributor to developing standards for the International Olympic Committee to support its effort in developing systems and delivering results for the Olympic Games.
John Venners, President of Safe Communications stated: Following our successful beta launch we are now extremely well positioned to aggressively move our principal product, MouseMail.com, into the marketplace with our enhanced management team. As one of the top technologists in the country Sherman is a welcomed addition to our team as we prepare to roll out our new kid safe version of MouseMail.com geared towards young, first time users while completing development of our upcoming releases.
Sherman said, "I am proud to be part of the Safe Communications team that is pioneering innovative technology protecting our innocent children as they enter the online world."
About Safe Communications:
Safe Communications, Inc. provides open and secure family communications that are in step with today's advances in social media. While protecting our most precious asset, our children, our systems are designed to enhance the quality and frequency of day-to-day communications among family members. We allow users to experience the marvel of advanced technology without fear or danger.
Safe Communications' products, led by MouseMail.com, are designed for the modern family on the go. Early detection devices warn parents of potential abuse and inappropriate content, allowing secure, open exchange with loved ones and friends. Just as your child is not allowed to enjoy a ride in the car without a seat belt, Safe Communications designs products so that your children can enjoy the electronic ride without being exposed to potential harm or abuse. For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us online at www.mousemail.com.
SOURCE Safe Communications, Inc.