The report examines October 2016 data, analyzes the SDKs that are integrated and activated among the examined apps. The fresh data is then compared with the data presented in the 1st report edition that was released in April 2016.
Some of the key trends covered in the report (please find a link to the full report here):
- The number of SDKs that are integrated in a single mobile app, on average, and how this number has grown significantly over the past six months. Click here to view the chart.
- For the first time, mobile games are no longer in the lead when it comes to the number of average integrated SDKs. The absolute winners are apps that belong to the "news" category. Click here to view the chart
- Google, Facebook, Crashlytics, Flurry and Chartboost are the most popular Android SDKs, across the board. Click here to view the chart (with the accurate market share %).
- The most popular SDK categories, by this order, are: Analytics, Advertising, Social, Payment, Location, Crash Reporting, Rewarded Video, Attribution, and Marketing Automation. Click here to view the chart.
** The full report includes a deeper analysis of the above numbers per app category and per app publisher geo.
Important notes and key insights:
- App developers integrate more SDKs today compared to 6 months ago; the industry continues to grow and offers an opportunity for both SDK players and investors.
- Mobile payment SDK category is rapidly growing, as more apps in the Android ecosystem put effort on monetization.
- Apps from new categories, introduced recently, are analyzed as well as you can see in the full report.
- Google's latest addition to its Play Services SDK, Firebase, is getting traction and is entering otherwise uncharted waters, making itself one of the hottest trends of the past few months.
- The exact market share % are stated in the full report.
The complete updated report includes an additional analysis of:
- The market share of top SDK companies: in general, by SDK category, and per app publisher geo.
- SDK Implementation trends among apps of all scales including the biggest apps worldwide.
- An analysis of market share winners in each SDK category.
"We are extremely happy to continue our contribution to the industry and release our 2nd analysis of the most important mobile SDKs trends, this time with an interesting comparison to last April's report. Though mobile SDKs trends and benchmarks are crucial for app publishers, industry players and investors, they were extremely hard to find until recently. We are happy to be changing this, and to help people in the industry make educated decisions based on real data. Our goal continues to be focused on creating a new standard of transparency, by making data accessible and public, just as we do with our In-App Protection solution and our SDKs Marketplace.", says SafeDK CEO, Orly Shoavi.
SafeDK is a complete mobile SDKs management platform which enables app publishers to build better and safer apps. SafeDK covers the entire span of the app development cycle, from finding the top-rated SDKs in the SafeDK Marketplace, to ongoing monitoring and real-time control of SDKs. SafeDK was founded in September 2014 by Orly Shoavi and Ronnie Sternberg, and has it's headquartered in Herzelia, Israel. The company is funded by Samsung Next Tel Aviv, Marius Nacht, StageOne Ventures and top strategic Angel investors, including Leon Waisbein and Kaedan Capital.