COLUMBUS, Ohio, Sept. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Safelite AutoGlass®, the largest U.S. vehicle glass repair and replacement company, has been recognized for strong business ethics by the Central Ohio Better Business Bureau's Center for Character Ethics, which honored the company with a 2012 Torch Award for EthicalEnterprising.
The Torch Award is judged by a panel of experts using six criteria:
- Leadership Commitment to Ethical Practices
- Communications of Ethical Practices
- Organizational Commitment to Ethical Practices
- Organizational Commitment to Performance Management Practices
- Organizational Commitment to Ethical HR Practices
- Organizational Commitment to the Community
Safelite AutoGlass® introduced its latest ethics policy, "Our Way of Working," in 2010 and all employees undergo the training program. In addition, Safelite® introduced an internal toll-free ethics hotline, used to encourage employees to red flag any questionable behavior.
Safelite AutoGlass® emphasizes a strong people focus as expressed through its People Pledge:
1. You'll experience great leadership. We strive for great leadership. You'll be treated with respect. You'll often be asked for your opinions and involved in decisions that affect your work…
2. We focus on you first. Concentrating on our people is a key part of our business strategy. You'll have the tools, information and resources to position you for success…
3. We hire top talent…that includes you. Having great people is what sets us apart from the rest. You'll work with smart people every day who will inspire you to be at your best…
4. You'll work in a caring culture. At Safelite, we've got a strong set of values and a big heart…for our people, our customers, our environment and the communities in which we live and work…
"As we strive to be a leader in our industry and an employer of choice in central Ohio, I am pleased to be honored by the BBB for ethical business practices," said Tom Feeney, president and CEO of Safelite AutoGlass®. "I am committed to continue to our efforts to treat our people, our customers, and our communities with the utmost respect and honor."
Kip Morse, president and CEO of the Central Ohio BBB and its Center for Character Ethics, shared, "While Central Ohio has proven to be home to many great companies operating with high character, Torch Award recipients clearly demonstrate superior character on a daily basis, and consistently exceed marketplace standards for ethics."
To learn more about Safelite's culture, watch the award video.
About BBB's Center for Character Ethics
The Better Business Bureau of Central Ohio and BBB's Center for Character Ethics are business supported, free-enterprise advancing non-profit organizations. Their mission is to accredit, monitor, elevate and celebrate the commitment that for-profit and non-profit enterprises make to the highest standards in leadership character ethics and ethical enterprising. The organization helps fortify trust-worthy enterprises and measure success by how well both producers and consumers flourish in Central Ohio. For more information, visit http://centralohio.bbb.org.
About Safelite AutoGlass®
Safelite AutoGlass®, founded in 1947, is the nation's leading provider of vehicle glass repair and replacement services, providing mobile service to more than 95 percent of the U.S. population in all 50 states. The Columbus, Ohio-based company employs nearly 10,000 people across the United States and served 4.4 million customers last year. For more information, visit www.safelite.com.
Melina Metzger, Safelite AutoGlass®, PR Manager, 614.210.9232, firstname.lastname@example.org
Joan Coughlin, Vice President, Marketing & Public Relations, Better Business Bureau serving Central Ohio, 614-754-4561, email@example.com
SOURCE Safelite AutoGlass