BALTIMORE, May 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- SafeNet, Inc., a global leader in software monetization, today announced an enhanced version of its Sentinel LDK® (Licensing Development Kit) software monetization solution that provides hardware-, software-, and cloud-based license delivery, intellectual property (IP) protection, and license management from a single, cloud-based platform. Sentinel LDK is the first and only licensing solution that gives software vendors the flexibility to meet the specific licensing demands of each of their customer groups – regardless of their preferred delivery model, from cloud-based services to on-premises software applications.
"Software vendors are looking to expand their cloud go-to-market strategy and they want to know which licensing models are right for their businesses and how to optimize their offerings," said Shlomo Weiss, general manager, Software Monetization, SafeNet. "Our advice is to use a licensing and entitlement solution that tracks usage at a granular level and can adapt on the fly to deliver licensing models that meet changing market demands. This definitely requires a flexible, dynamic licensing solution."
The Sentinel family of software monetization products provides an all-in-one solution that meets evolving software consumption trends. A major shift is occurring in the software market and customers are increasingly looking for software licensing models that are customized to meet their individual needs. In most cases, they are looking for consumption-based licensing connected directly to their usage of on-premises applications as well as cloud services. SafeNet's Sentinel solutions enable them to address these emerging demands.
SafeNet Sentinel Cloud Licensing leverages the benefits of a cloud-connected license for both on-premises software and cloud-delivered services with a single back-office platform. The solution provides usage-based pricing and enables new business models for on-premises applications – enabling customers to pay as they grow. Consumption-based licensing is based on feature usage and/or quantities of stored data, transaction data, and processing time to meet user demands for pricing more aligned with what they get from the software.
The benefits of Sentinel LDK Cloud Licensing include:
- Data Driven – Gives software vendors insight into their application usage to make better products, offer consumption based-pricing, and pursue more diverse business models.
- Real Time - Adapting to changing market dynamics and customer requirements in real time
- User-centric - Enabling ISVs to authorize the access to their software from any machine and any device.
- About Sentinel Cloud http://www.sentinelcloud.com/
- About Sentinel LDK http://www.safenet-inc.com/software-monetization/sentinel-ldk/
- Sentinel Customer Community http://www.sentinelcustomer.safenet-inc.com/
- Sentinel Cloud Licensing Flip Book http://www2.safenet-inc.com/ebooks/Sentinel-Cloud-Licencing/Sentinel-Cloud-Licencing.html
- Ask the Experts webinar on Virtualization http://sentinelvideos.safenet-inc.com/Fekfd/virtualization-and-effective-software-licensing-in-virtual-environments/
- Ask the Experts webinar on Usage-Based Business Models http://sentinelvideos.safenet-inc.com/2dd/leveraging-usage-based-business-models-as-a-monetization-strategy/
SafeNet Software Monetization Solutions
SafeNet is the market-leading provider of software licensing and entitlement management solutions for on-premises and cloud-based software vendors. SafeNet's Sentinel is the most trusted brand in the software industry for secure, flexible, and future-proof software monetization solutions. The robust portfolio of products and services addresses each and every aspect of the software monetization lifecycle – from copy and intellectual property (IP) protection to product catalog management and ongoing end-user experience improvement. SafeNet is the first and only vendor to offer a complete portfolio of software licensing and entitlement management solutions to enable monetization of any type of software – installed, embedded, and cloud services – using any combination of business models via any sales channel to any end-user device.
About SafeNet, Inc.
Founded in 1983, SafeNet, Inc. is one of the largest information security companies in the world, and is trusted to protect the most sensitive data for market-leading organizations around the globe. SafeNet's data-centric approach focuses on the protection of high-value information throughout its lifecycle, from the data center to the cloud. More than 25,000 customers across commercial enterprises and government agencies trust SafeNet to protect and control access to sensitive data, manage risk, ensure compliance, and secure virtual and cloud environments. Learn more about SafeNet on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Google+.
SafeNet Media Contact:
SOURCE SafeNet, Inc.