NEW YORK, Feb. 22, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Sailthru, the leading cross-channel experience management platform for the world's top retail and media companies, has identified nine key trends that will affect how marketers operate this year in its latest 2017 Digital Retail Innovation Report. The report will be issued at this year's eTail West, where Sailthru will demonstrate how its technology enables ecommerce brands to increase revenue and lifetime value by engaging with customers in a seamless, personalized manner from acquisition through growth and retention across key digital channels.
This year, retailers are harnessing the power of personalization, automation, AI and data science to generate more revenue and grow their businesses. Additionally, the report shows that marketers expect to better drive these desired outcomes by re-investing in email and mobile channels. Email has once again become a top priority among marketers and is expected to be a critical centerpiece for cross-channel success this year.
Using the stage of eTail West, where ecommerce and multi-channel leaders from all around the globe connect, Sailthru will present the top retail and ecommerce trends, opportunities and challenges marketers will be facing over the next year.
Highlights from the report include:
- One in five retailers surveyed said their organization fell short of its 2016 marketing goals, while 28 percent exceeded their goals.
- Nearly half (46 percent) said their marketing budgets have increased in 2017, though results were directly tied to 2016 success.
- 75 percent of respondents who said their organization exceeded its 2016 goals had a larger marketing budget in 2017, compared to only 26 percent of respondents whose marketing performance fell short last year.
- When asked about which platform or channel retailers see as likely to generate the most revenue in 2017, marketers were most likely to choose email and mobile after their brand websites.
- More than half (51 percent) of marketers surveyed agreed that there's significant room to innovate on their email marketing strategy in 2017, with almost every retailer surveyed (96 percent) suggesting that there was at least some room to innovate in 2017.
"Forward-thinking marketers need to be implementing cross-channel personalization strategies to be successful in 2017 and beyond, but we continue to see marketers struggle to put plans into action," said Neil Lustig, CEO at Sailthru. "The intel gathered from our latest trends report shows that by honing their approach to email, marketers can more easily extend coordination of their overall strategies for a truly integrated approach. Personalization is no longer just about a mix of marketing tactics, it's a strategy that extends across a retail organization as those leading that approach are the companies reporting overall growth and success."
The data for the report was collected from a January 2017 survey of 202 marketers, primarily representing businesses that are either retailers, ecommerce companies or online marketplaces. The full report will be presented at eTail West, beginning February 27th in Palm Springs, CA.
At eTail West, Sailthru will be presenting alongside Tradesy CMO Kamini Rangappan Lane on "How to Identify & Activate Your Most Valuable Customers." In addition to Tradesy, multiple Sailthru customers will be taking to stage to speak at eTail West including JustFab, NatureBox, Mondelez International and Frank and Oak.
Sailthru helps modern marketers acquire, grow, and retain customers. With over 1.6Bn global consumer profiles under management, Sailthru's powerful suite of connected capabilities – including high-performance email, onsite personalization, mobile marketing automation, and unique integrations powering new customer acquisition – drives higher revenue, improves customer lifetime value and reduces churn. The world's most innovative publishers, including Business Insider, Refinery29 and Mashable, and the world's fastest growing ecommerce companies, including Rent The Runway, JustFab and Alex and Ani, trust Sailthru to help them succeed. Founded in 2008, Sailthru's exceptional group of investors include Benchmark, RRE Ventures, DFJ Gotham, Scale Venture Partners, and AOL Ventures. For more information, please visit www.sailthru.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sailthru-to-unveil-2017-digital-retail-innovation-report-at-etail-west-300411498.html