EDISON, N.J., Sept. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Consumer electronics manufacturer Sakar International today announced it will expand distribution of its new line of Polaroid-branded digital still cameras and camcorders to include Europe, India, Greece, Cyprus, Turkey and Latin America, as well as add new hand-held scanners and Android cameras to the existing lineup. The innovative new products will be available to consumers this fall through Sakar's existing retail partners in the region, as well as new locations expected to join the roster in the coming months. Sakar will unveil the new products at Stand C008/D009 in Hall 5.2 at Photokina, the world's premiere photography exposition and technology fair, September 18-23 in Cologne, Germany.
Combining Polaroid's legendary image and photographic optics quality with innovative, yet user-friendly features, the new ready-for-action still and video products enable even novice users to capture outstanding images and high-definition video of life's most precious moments with ease—and without missing a beat.
"We're thrilled to bring these outstanding products to consumers in these emerging markets that are fast becoming high-growth territories for personal electronics of all varieties," said Sakar President Jeff Saka. "The worldwide reputation of Polaroid combined with our strong retail position and penetration in these markets will make it easy for consumers to get their hands on the latest technology at all of their favorite retail locations."
Among the first camcorder products to hit store shelves throughout the region are:
- The Polaroid iD820, one of the world's thinnest, lightest true 1080p HD camcorders, featuring an ultra-thin body just ½-inch wide that packs a 3-inch 16:9 gesture touch screen and 12 megapixel resolution into less than 4 oz. Perfect to drop into a shirt pocket, the iD820 features dual-stream recording capability that lets you record two sets of video simultaneously on the card—one in full 1080p hi-def for the ultimate viewing experience, and the other in YouTube-ready quality for fast and easy uploading. The iD820 carries a suggested retail price of $179.99.
- The Polaroid iD879 featuring 5x optical zoom, making it one of the thinnest, lightest, 1080p HD camcorders with built-in optical zoom. With a 3-inch gesture touch screen and dual-stream recording, the iD879 includes dual memory card slots—a MicroSD and SD—for double the memory and recording time. This 12 megapixel palm-sized camera includes carrying case and HDMI cable for $179.99.
- The Polaroid iD450 with built-in Wi-Fi that lets you stream live video to the Web via the onboard Ustream app, upload instantly to YouTube, Facebook or other sharing sites, and even view live video on iPad, iPod or Android devices via the downloadable Apple and Android apps available from the AppStore and Android Market. With full 1080p video quality, the iD780 will be offered at retail for a suggested price of $179.99.
- The waterproof Polaroid iD642 pocket video camera with 4x digital zoom and 2-inch LCD display that captures 720p HD video up to 10 feet underwater. The pocket-size iD642 comes with its own built-in HDMI output (Type B) in an array of bright colors for a suggested retail price of $99.99.
The new lineup of still cameras includes:
- The Polaroid iF045, the first Polaroid waterproof, dual-view camera featuring both front- and rear-facing LCD displays that make it easy to take great photos of you and your friends, without cutting off anyone's head. The 5x digital zoom, 14.1 megapixel iF045 is waterproof up to 10 feet and will sell for a suggested retail price of $99.99.
- The Polaroid iS2132 D-SLR style "bridge" camera, combining the advanced features and high image quality of a digital SLR with the ease of a point-and-shoot. Featuring an ultra-wide angle 25mm lens with 21x enhanced definition optical zoom, the 16.1 megapixel iS2132 will carry a suggested retail price of $199.99.
- The Polaroid iS326 ultra-compact camera with 3x optical zoom makes it quick and easy to capture spectacular images and is ready to use right out the box. Featuring a Li-ion battery and a slim form factor, it's the perfect camera for people on the go, at an extremely attractive suggested retail price of $79.99.
The new distribution expands on Sakar's exclusive Polaroid licensing agreement that already includes all of North America and parts of Latin America. The two announced the partnership in January, designed to leverage Sakar's photographic design, manufacturing and distribution expertise through its Vivitar brand to expand the Polaroid product portfolio and market footprint on a global scale.
About Sakar International
Sakar International Inc. designs and manufactures a wide range of technology, toy, and consumer electronic products. Founded in 1977, the company is the manufacturer of Vivitar camera equipment and accessories, a market leader in youth electronics and rechargeable batteries, and a producer of licensed products for leading consumer brands. Products range from digital cameras and camcorders with related accessories to computer, iPod, GPS and gaming accessories, binoculars, MP3 players, clock radios, gift and toy electronics. The company is privately held and headquartered in Edison, N.J. For more information, visit www.sakar.com.
About The Polaroid Brand
Across several generations, people regard Polaroid as one of the most trusted, well-respected and recognizable brands when it comes to technology. The history of Polaroid began 75 years ago, with its roots stemming back to Polaroid instant film, cameras and camera accessories – thus was the introduction of the famous Polaroid Classic Border Logo which is still recognized today as a true landmark of photography.
In recent years, Polaroid has expanded its range of products in consumer electronics and photography, such as 3D TVs, tablets, instant cameras and mobile printers, e-book readers, digital high-definition camcorders, waterproof digital cameras and more. People can expect to see new Polaroid products that will deliver the fun, instant gratification and value that the brand has long stood. For more information, visit www.Polaroid.com.
Polaroid, Polaroid & Pixel, and Polaroid Classic Border Logo are trademarks of PLR IP Holdings, LLC, used under license.
SOURCE Sakar International