SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM company, today announced new innovations in Quip, a next generation productivity solution designed for teams, that enable companies to supercharge productivity. With Quip Connect, Salesforce users can now use Live Data to instantly import CRM data into Quip documents and spreadsheets, or leverage the new Quip Lightning Component to link, access and create Quip's living documents within Salesforce. In addition, Quip is introducing new functionality in its core product, including Quip checklists and an enhanced user interface, that make Quip living documents smarter and more productive than ever.
In today's hyper-connected workplace, employees are forced to sort through a host of disconnected email threads, to-do lists and applications—all to gather the information they need, while the work itself happens somewhere else. According to IDC, knowledge workers spend 61 percent of their workweek answering email, searching for information and communicating internally. Additionally, the McKinsey Global Institute estimates companies can raise, through new technologies, the productivity of knowledge workers by up to 25 percent.
Quip is extending the power of Salesforce with a sleek, next-generation productivity solution designed for teams—empowering everyone across an organization with the tools they need to collaborate more effectively, work smarter and supercharge their productivity. New innovations announced today include :
Quip Connect: New Integrations for Salesforce Users
- Live Data allows users to import CRM data from Salesforce, such as account values and service cases, to Quip living documents. Once in Quip, the information automatically syncs with Salesforce. For example, with a single export, sales reps can generate forecasting spreadsheets that will seamlessly be updated with the most recent Salesforce data.
- The Quip Lightning Component enables teams to link, access and create Quip documents, spreadsheets and task lists directly from within Salesforce, allowing users to find and collaborate on living documents within the context of their businesses. For example, a sales rep will be able to quickly create a task list within an opportunity record to make sure the team is aligned on the final steps necessary to close the deal. In addition, because Lightning Components are used to create custom apps, admins and developers will be able to extend Quip's productivity benefits directly into the heart of any app.
Quip Enhancements to Supercharge Productivity
- Quip Checklists empower users to manage projects inside Quip with tasks that go beyond owners and due dates. Simple and flexible, Quip Checklists live alongside everything that makes up the project—including roadmaps, meeting notes, budgets, design assets and relevant conversations. With Checklists, Quip users can enhance everyday workflows by adding reminders to anything ranging from spreadsheet rows that need to be updated to drafts waiting for review.
- A Smarter User Experience makes it easier than ever for teams to get work done. An all-new Sidebar and contextual menus reveal powerful document, spreadsheet and checklist tools that adapt to the work users are doing—ensuring only the options they need are front and center, and nothing else is in the way.
Comment on the News:
"We're proud to debut a new, smarter Quip that anticipates a team's needs like never before," said Bret Taylor, CEO of Quip, a Salesforce company. "By bringing the power of dynamic business data into living documents, we're introducing the next generation of team productivity and collaboration."
Pricing and Availability:
- Quip's new user experience and Quip checklists are available today for all Quip users at no extra cost.
- Quip Connect, including Live Data and the Quip Lightning component, will be available for users of Quip Enterprise and Salesforce on the AppExchange in mid-February 2017.
- Learn more about Quip, the leading team productivity suite, at https://salesforce.quip.com/. For more details on today's announcements, see https://quip.com/blog/new-smarter-quip
- Start exploring the Customer Success Platform via Trailhead today: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/
Connect with Salesforce
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.
Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
 (n.d.). The social economy: Unlocking value and productivity through social .... Retrieved February 1, 2017, from http://www.mckinsey.com/industries/high-tech/our-insights/the-social-economy
 (2012, May 30). The Social Economy: Unlocking Value and ... - McKinsey & Company. Retrieved February 1, 2017, from http://www.mckinsey.com/~/media/McKinsey/Industries/High%20Tech/Our%20Insights/The%20social%20economy/MGI_The_social_economy_Full_report.ashx
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/salesforce-delivers-next-generation-productivity-for-customers-with-new-innovations-in-quip-300403252.html