SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 4, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- DREAMFORCE 2016 -- Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM company, today kicked off Dreamforce 2016, bringing together Customer Trailblazers from more than 83 countries for a week of innovation, empowerment, giving back and fun. The event, Salesforce's 14th-annual Dreamforce, will attract more than 171,000 registered attendees and more than 15 million online viewers throughout the week. Dreamforce takes place Oct. 4-7, 2016, at the Moscone Center and 14 surrounding hotels in downtown San Francisco. Live webcasts from Dreamforce, including Marc Benioff's keynote on Oct. 5, 2016, at 1:00 p.m., PDT, are available at http://dreamforce.com and audiocasts are available at www.salesforce.com/investor.
"Dreamforce is the annual gathering of the entire Salesforce family—our customers, partners, employees and more," said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, Salesforce. "And together, we are paving a path to the future—a future that is not only powered by amazing technology, but built on values that inspire everyone to be their best and make the world a better place."
Dreamforce Delivers Four Amazing Days of Innovation, Empowerment, Giving Back and Fun
For the past 14 years, Dreamforce has delivered an experience unlike any other technology event in the world. From this global stage, Salesforce will unveil the future of enterprise software—exploring how cloud, social, mobile, internet of things (IoT) and artificial intelligence (AI) technologies are transforming companies and enabling them to get closer to their customers. Event highlights include:
- Visionary Keynotes: Business leaders, global luminaries and top philanthropists will take the stage, including: Salesforce Chairman and CEO, Marc Benioff; (RED) CEO, Deb Dugan; one of the world's greatest philanthropists and Co-Chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Melinda Gates; NY Times Best Selling Author, and Co-Host of ABC's Good Morning America, Robin Roberts; and many more.
- New Fortune CEO Series at Dreamforce: Salesforce will host the inaugural Fortune CEO Series at Dreamforce, where top executives can hear from fellow disruptors such as General Motors Chairman & CEO, Mary T. Barra; Bank of America Chairman & CEO, Brian Moynihan; Schneider Electric Chairman & CEO, Jean-Pascal Tricoire and Kaiser Permanente Chairman and CEO, Bernard J. Tyson as they discuss innovation and leadership. This groundbreaking program offers attendees unparalleled access to some of the world's top business thought leaders.
- Women and Equality Summit: Building on the success of last year's powerful Women's Leadership Summit, Salesforce is expanding the conversation around equality to include equal rights and opportunities for all. GLAAD CEO, Sarah Kate Ellis; sports icon and humanitarian, Billie Jean King; Equal Pay for Equal Work activist, Lilly Ledbetter and civil rights pioneer, Congressman John Lewis will discuss how we can work together to advance diversity, inclusion and equality for everyone.
- New Dreampitch: Entrepreneurs and stars of ABC's "Shark Tank," Mark Cuban and Chris Sacca, will join Grammy award-winner and entrepreneur will.i.am and BroadbandTV Founder and CEO, Shahrzad Rafati, to provide startups building on the Salesforce Platform with an opportunity to win a $150,000 investment from Salesforce Ventures and a spot in the new Salesforce Incubator as part of the new Dreampitch competition.
- Compassion and Mindfulness Day: Dreamforce 2016 will close out the week with a day dedicated to compassion with keynotes from Skoll Global Threats Fund Chairman Larry Brilliant; best-selling author Elizabeth Gilbert; author of "Emotional Intelligence" and psychologist Daniel Goleman; and Founder and CEO, Center for Youth Wellness, Nadine Burke Harris. Additionally, the event will include mindfulness activities throughout the week with designated areas where monks from Plum Village will lead daily meditation sessions.
- Sustainability: Dreamforce 2016 will be the most sustainable Dreamforce yet. Salesforce will once again offset 100 percent of Dreamforce's onsite greenhouse gas emissions, save more than 3.5 million gallons of water by minimizing water-intensive foods, and offer low-carbon transportation options for attendees such as shuttles, public transit and biking. Additionally, all event lunch boxes are 100 percent compostable.
- Product, Industry and Customer Showcase: The new Salesforce Campground is where every attendee can learn about and get their hands on the latest Salesforce innovations, including Salesforce Einstein, to help them sell, service, market and build apps faster than ever before. Top global customers, such as Aldo, Chevrolet connected by OnStar, Coca-Cola®, Farmers Insurance®, Lilly, T-Mobile and vineyard vines, will share how they are getting closer to their customers.
- New Trailhead Zone: Trailhead, the fun, interactive learning tool to gain Salesforce skills, has been brought to life in the new Trailhead Zone. This new addition to the Dreamforce campus provides attendees with immersive, hands-on experiences that will help them innovate with Salesforce, transform their company and grow their career—empowering them to be their best.
- World's Largest Cloud Ecosystem: Dreamforce has brought together the industry's largest cloud ecosystem under one roof, as more than 400 Salesforce partners showcase thousands of the latest innovative solutions built on the Salesforce Platform.
Giving Back and Volunteering at Dreamforce
Giving back has been a part of Salesforce's DNA from day one, and is integrated into everything the company does, including Dreamforce. This year, each day at Dreamforce will focus on a cause—education, veterans, equality for all and compassion. With more than 8,000 registered attendees from nonprofits, Dreamforce is the world's largest nonprofit tech event, featuring 118 breakout sessions. Giving activities include:
- (RED): Salesforce has partnered with (RED), the organization that engages people and businesses in the fight to end AIDS, with the goal of raising $1 million for the Global Fund this week at Dreamforce. This amount will be matched 2:1 by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. In addition, Salesforce will generate $11M for (RED) over the next five years. Attendees can donate at dreamforce.com/donate or stop by the (RED) Experience on the Dreampark to buy one-of-a-kind (RED) products and learn more.
- Raising $10 Million for UCSF Benioff Children's Hospitals with U2: Acknowledged as one of the most innovative and best live acts in the world, the 22-time Grammy award winning and Oscar nominated band U2 will headline this year's Dreamfest to help raise more than $10 million to benefit UCSF Benioff Children's Hospitals.
- #DFGives 2016: Attendees have the opportunity to participate in volunteering activities all week. They can help pack more than 2,000 STEM education kits and support community health by assembling more than 2,000 Food = Medicine basic-needs bags. Additionally, Salesforce has invited more than 400 San Francisco and Oakland students to Dreamforce for coding classes, maker workshops and campus tours.
- VetForce: Salesforce is bringing VetForce, a global program that provides training for thousands of military service members, veterans, and their spouses on Salesforce technology, to Dreamforce again this year. Dreamforce will feature dedicated sessions where attendees can hear from fellow vets about transitioning to civilian life, businesses who are hiring veterans, and nonprofits who serve the military community. Additionally, Salesforce has partnered with San Francisco Fleet Week and will participate in the Fleet Week Career Summit, among other activities.
- First-Ever Philanthropy Summit with Forbes: This year, in partnership with Forbes, Dreamforce will inspire attendees to make the world a better place with keynotes from speakers such as global maternal health advocate and Every Mother Counts CEO and Founder, Christy Turlington Burns; Executive Director of the Global Fund, Dr. Mark Dybul; Atlassian Co-Founder and Co-CEO, Scott Farquhar; Twilio CEO, Jeff Lawson; Benioff Ocean Initiative at University of California at Santa Barbara Executive Director, Dr. Douglas McCauley; House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi; and The Ocean Cleanup CEO and Co-Founder, Boyan Slat.
- Pledge 1%: Attendees can learn how to join Pledge 1%, a corporate philanthropy movement founded by Salesforce. One thousand companies have joined Pledge 1% since its launch in 2014, each dedicating 1% of their employee time, equity, product or profit to make the world a better place.
- View thousands of hours of content, including keynotes, sessions and interviews from Dreamforce at http://dreamforce.com.
- Buy tickets for the Benefit Concert at http://www.theconcertforkids.com.
- Donate to (RED) at dreamforce.com/donate.
- Like Salesforce on Facebook at http://facebook.com/salesforce.
- Follow @Salesforce and @Dreamforce on Twitter.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
Rights of ALBERT EINSTEIN are used with permission of The Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Represented exclusively by Greenlight.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/salesforce-kicks-off-dreamforce-2016paving-a-path-forward-together-with-millions-of-customer-trailblazers-empowering-them-to-be-their-best-300338564.html