Salesforce.com Sees Tremendous Growth Across Europe, Increases Local Investment
Salesforce.com plans to add more than 750 new jobs across Europe to meet growing demand for the social enterprise
More than 20,000 customers in Europe choose salesforce.com to transform into social enterprises
More than 14,000 people registered to attend Cloudforce London 2012, Europe's largest social enterprise event
LONDON, May 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Cloudforce 2012 -- Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing company (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/), today announced tremendous growth in Europe and plans to add more than 750 new jobs over the next couple of years to meet the growing demand for the social enterprise in the region. The company is immediately hiring qualified professionals of all experience levels in sales, marketing, IT and support functions across Europe.
The demand for the social enterprise has fueled significant growth in salesforce.com's customer base in Europe. Salesforce.com now has more than 20,000 customers in Europe, an increase of 32% year-over-year. Customers include: AEGON, Barnardo's UK, Burberry, BMW Group, GTA Travel, Honda Motor Europe, JLT Group, O2, The Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead, Thomson Reuters and Vodafone.
Salesforce.com is hosting its flagship Cloudforce event in London today with more than 14,000 people registered to attend, making Cloudforce London the largest social enterprise event in Europe. Attendees joining the conference will learn how industry leaders like Activision, Burberry, HP, Kimberly-Clark, O2, and Spotify are transforming into social enterprises.
Comments on the News
- "Social, mobile and cloud are key drivers in today's economy as you can see from the tremendous growth in our customer base across Europe," said Steve Garnett, EMEA Chairman, salesforce.com. "The demand for the social enterprise is creating new jobs in the region, and we plan to add 750 more people to our European organization in the next couple of years."
- "London is buzzing today as thousands of companies arrive in the city to attend Cloudforce London 2012. There is great potential to capitalize on this momentum and drive forward significant growth within our business community," said Colin Stanbridge, CEO of the London Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- "We have embarked on a process of business transformation with salesforce.com. Employee and customer social networks allow us to collaborate internally and service our customers externally in ways that were just not possible before," said Duncan Jarrett, Sales Director, AEGON.
- "At O2, we believe our strategy of creating a Joined Up Business is a better business and ultimately a more competitive business. Salesforce.com gives us the tools to enable us to become a social enterprise by joining up our employees, customers and partners," said Ben Dowd, Business Director, O2.
- "JLT is a client first and knowledge-based business. Salesforce allows us to actively drive collaboration and rigour across all parts of our business to bring the best of JLT to all our clients," said Ian Cohen, Group CIO, JLT Group.
- Watch the Cloudforce London 2012 keynote on Salesforce Live! www.facebook.com/salesforce
- Find your #Dreamjob here at http://www.salesforce.com/dreamjob
- Become a fan of Salesforce on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/salesforce
- For the entire Cloudforce Social Enterprise Tour schedule go to: http://www.salesforce.com/events
With more than 100,000 customers, salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company that is leading the shift to the social enterprise. Social enterprises leverage social, mobile and open cloud technologies to put customers at the heart of their business. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multitenant architecture, the company's platform and application services allow customers to:
- Create employee social networks with Salesforce Chatter, Salesforce Rypple and Salesforce Force.com.
- Develop customer social networks with the Salesforce Sales Cloud, Salesforce Data.com, Salesforce Service Cloud, and Salesforce Site.com.
- Connect with customers on public social networks with Salesforce Heroku and Salesforce Radian6.
- Empower small businesses to become social enterprises with Salesforce Desk.com and Salesforce Do.com.
- Extend a company's social enterprise with apps from the leading enterprise app marketplace, AppExchange.
- Run apps on Database.com, the first social enterprise database.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
©2012 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce.com, Salesforce, Chatter, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Radian6, Jigsaw, AppExchange, Force.com, Heroku, and all associated logos are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. in the United States and other countries. Salesforce.com offers its Siteforce products and services in Germany under the Force.com Sites trademark. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.