San Antonio's First-ever Kidcation Week Is The Place to Be This Summer
SAN ANTONIO, Texas, June 24, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- This summer, San Antonio turns into a citywide playground for kids and families with the city's first-ever Kidcation Week, August 12-18. Kidcation Week provides families a chance to closeout summer with one last jam-packed adventure. Visitors can look forward to exclusive kids programming and events, free entertainment and fantastic deals at hotels, attractions, shops and restaurants.
The fun begins with a special Kidcation Week Kickoff Party on Monday, August 12, 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., at Hemisfair park. This morning celebration will get the party started with a kid's band, food, a festive Kidcation Week declaration, meet and greets with numerous characters and mascots including the San Antonio Spurs Coyote, SeaWorld San Antonio's Shamu and Six Flags Fiesta Texas' Bugs Bunny, and more.
With more than 60 deals and events throughout the week, Kidcation Week helps families create lifelong memories at minimal or no cost. Examples of experiences visitors can only get during Kidcation Week include:
Kidcation Week Events:
- Bat Loco: On August 13, visitors can learn more about San Antonio's bat community and watch bats emerge under the I-35 bridge on the River Walk for their nightly insect hunt. This event is hosted by the San Antonio River Authority, Paseo del Rio Association and Bat Conservation International
- Dessert Cooking Demonstration: RK Group's Chef Dave will do a cooking demonstration of popular elementary school desserts in Hemisfair park
- Hemisfair Free Movie Nights: Families can enjoy free PG movies in Hemisfair park every weeknight of Kidcation Week
- Vaquerocation: Cowboy Day: Live just like a cowboy on August 14 with cowboy docents, book readings and activity tables at the Institute of Texan Cultures
- LET'S READ! Kids Back to School FEST: On August 18, Main Plaza will be full of Make and Take arts and crafts, airbrushing and hair styling, musical performances, storytelling, book giveaways, an instrument petting zoo and much more
Kidcation Week Offers:
- Alamo Trolley: Free tour for kids 12 and under with the purchase of an adult tour
- Cheesy Jane's: Free kids milkshake with any kid's meal
- El Tropicano Riverwalk Hotel: Milk, cookies, balloons, a coupon for complimentary S'mores and an El Tropicano beach ball upon arrival
- Hard Rock Café: Free kids meal with the purchase of an adult entrée
- Kiddie Park and Kiddie Park Pica Pica: Kids get a free cotton candy when they mention Kidcation Week
- San Antonio's Incredible Pizza: Free kids buffet or $5 game card
- San Antonio Museum of Art: Free admission all week for kids 12 and under
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott San Antonio Downtown Alamo Plaza: Every child under age 12 will receive a balloon upon check-in and be entertained by a balloon artist from 4 - 5 p.m.
- Omni San Antonio Hotel at the Colonnade: Each child receives an Omnikids backpack at check-in, milk and cookies delivered at turndown on arrival evening and a cookie decorating session with a chef
- Witte Museum: Free admission all week for kids 12 and under (entrance to museum's Dinosaurs Unearthed exhibit will be $5 for adults and $2 for children 12 and under)
A complete listing of Kidcation Week events and specials can be found at www.KidcationWeek.com.
The San Antonio Convention & Visitors Bureau, a department of the City of San Antonio, is funded through the hotel/motel occupancy tax. The bureau is a marketing, sales and service organization dedicated to the promotion of San Antonio as a meetings and visitor destination for the purpose of positively affecting the city's economy.
Senior Brand Manager
San Antonio Convention & Visitors Bureau
SOURCE San Antonio Convention & Visitors Bureau
More by this Source
San Antonio's River Walk Expansion Leads Nation in Urban Ecosystem Restoration
Oct 05, 2013, 08:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.