"The digital revolution transcends industries, geographies and traditional lines of business," said Jonathan Becher, chief digital officer, SAP. "To help customers maneuver through the changes brought on by it, SAP is unveiling new offerings: services that expand SAP's digital commerce portfolio beyond software, content and data; programmable digital interfaces that enable customers to embed new services into their communications mix; and tools to set the course for successful digital transformation."
Digital Commerce Portfolio Expands
The SAP Digital Commerce team makes it simple for anyone to purchase offerings from SAP via a one-click contract and digital payment on SAP Store – customers in 105 countries have already done so. New offerings include the following:
- Packaged services for SAP SuccessFactors® solutions – fixed in scope, low-priced, performed 100 percent remotely, and available post-implementation. Traditionally, they've only been included as part of larger service deals, and not sold independently. The seven services expand the portfolio beyond software, content and data.
- New capabilities for the WorkConnect by SAP web application recruiting solution. These provide online customer assistance support, including product documentation, how-to information and tips for troubleshooting issues, allowing users to create a public inquiry on a moderated forum or a private inquiry to an expert. In June, SAP is launching an initiative to build the WorkConnect.io site as the job board of choice for SAP skills. WorkConnect was part of SAP's inaugural Dream Digital contest benefitting the Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE).
- While SAP Store remains the official channel for customers to seamlessly buy and use offerings endorsed and sold by SAP in a completely digital, low-touch manner, SAP announced the SAP App Center as a consolidated digital marketplace for partner offerings. It provides customers with real-time access to innovative solutions, microservices and plugins to extend their SAP solutions and digitally transform their business.
Making Digital Connectivity More Accessible with Programmability
SAP's interconnect and messaging services reach people in 200+ countries and territories and nearly 99 percent of global mobile subscribers. The SAP Digital Interconnect team (previously SAP Mobile Services) is now offering a set of easily consumable and configurable interconnect application programming interfaces (APIs) that empower programmers and business professionals to incorporate interconnect capabilities into their applications and workflows. With these "programmable digital interfaces," we're enabling businesses worldwide to embed Short Message Service (SMS), email, push-notifications and one-time-pins into their communications mix. New services include:
- SAP IoT Connect 365, available stand-alone and as part of the SAP Leonardo services — simplifying the connectivity of the Internet of Things (IoT). With one contract and connection, enterprises can monitor and control IoT object connectivity and data usage globally from one user interface (UI) and API, avoiding integration lock-in to one operator's coverage and tariffs.
- SAP People Connect 365 — providing intelligent, automated workflows and insights that enable multichannel communications to manage responses to regular activities and major disruptions. For example, during a natural disaster, local government can connect people via mobile devices to communicate and share information — live. SAP can now help predict where these things will happen (for example, with Earth Observation Analysis) and intelligently connect people in affected areas instantly.
Empowering CxOs, Promoting Digital Innovation
The SAP Center for Digital Leadership has helped 200+ CxOs navigate their digital transformation journeys. To further empower them and cultivate agile innovation, we offer:
- Digital Innovation and Transformation Assessment, version 2.0 now available. Version 1.0 of the free tool has been used by 150+ companies. Version 2.0 provides extended content and a new look and feel, giving CxOs a better understanding of their current digital maturity as a foundation to build a company-specific, digital-transformation road map.
- Fostering innovation, an open digital ecosystem and selfies from space. The center is building an open digital ecosystem, allowing users to benefit from shared data, technology and expertise. One result is the Earth Observation Analysis service. Visit SAPPHIRE NOW® conference pod DS422 to create selfies from space, provided by SnapPlanet, winner of the 2017 Space App Camp prize.
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP (NYSE: SAP) helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable more than 350,000 business and public sector customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably. For more information, visit www.sap.com.
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "expect," "forecast," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should" and "will" and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could affect SAP's future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), including SAP's most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
© 2017 SAP SE. All rights reserved.
SAP and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE in Germany and other countries. Please see http://www.sap.com/corporate-en/legal/copyright/index.epx#trademark for additional trademark information and notices.
For customers interested in learning more about SAP products:
Global Customer Center: +49 180 534-34-24
United States Only: 1 (800) 872-1SAP (1-800-872-1727)
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sap-empowers-customers-to-navigate-changing-business-landscape-with-new-commerce-connectivity-and-digital-transformation-offerings-300456897.html
SOURCE SAP SE