JOHANNESBURG, March 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Sappi Limited is pleased to announce that Glen Pearce, currently the Chief Financial Officer of Sappi Europe SA, will be appointed as Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and join the Sappi Limited Board as an Executive Director on 01 July 2014. As announced previously, Steve Binnie, the current CFO, will succeed Ralph Boettger as CEO on that date.
Glen Pearce (50) was appointed as CFO of Sappi Europe SA in 2008. He has been with Sappi for 18 years. Prior to his current role, Glen occupied various senior management positions within the Sappi group in South Africa and Europe. He is a Chartered Accountant and holds a BComm degree from WITS University and a BComm (Hons) degree from UNISA.
Commenting on the announcement, Sappi Chief Executive Officer, Ralph Boettger, said: "I am very pleased that our robust succession planning process has enabled us to appoint a strong internal candidate. Glen's in-depth knowledge of Sappi and his sterling track record will serve the company well on its path towards strong growth and profitability."
Additional information on Glen Pearce:
- He holds a BComm degree from WITS University in Johannesburg and a BComm (Hons) degree from the University of South Africa (UNISA).
- He is a chartered accountant, CA(SA)
- Completed his articles at Ernst & Young
- Started his career as group accountant and finance manager of Murray and Roberts (1992-1996)
- Joined Sappi Limited in 1997 as financial manager
- Joined Sappi Forest Products as financial manager in 1999
- Promoted to financial director of Sappi Fine Paper South Africa in 2001
- Moved to Brussels in 2004 to become accounting director for Sappi Fine Paper Europe
- Appointed as CFO and IT Officer of Sappi Europe SA in April 2008
For further information
Andre F Oberholzer
Group Head Corporate Affairs
Tel +27 (0)11 407 8044
Mobile +27 (0)83 235 2973
Group Head Investor Relations and Sustainability
Tel +27 (0)11 407 8391
Mobile +27 (0)83 320 8624
PO Box 31560
Tel +27 (0)11 407 8111
SOURCE Sappi Limited