PLYMOUTH, Wis., Aug. 18 /PRNewswire/ -- Hot off the grill, in honor of the second annual National Panini Month, Sargento invites food lovers to switch up their usual sandwich routine and celebrate the delicious goodness of a panino during the month of August.
Although the panino is a traditional Italian recipe, Americans have come to embrace it – as evidenced by its place as a lunchtime favorite at delis and cafes around America. However, food lovers don't have to reserve the great taste of a panino for eating out only.
"Home cooks are always looking for ways to spice up their everyday meals, so National Panini Month is the perfect time to try out a new twist on the everyday sandwich," said Stephanie Meyer, Brand Manager, Sargento. "Picking the right ingredients is a key step to making a great sandwich. Sargento sliced natural cheese is never processed and always made with natural ingredients for authentic quality."
Sargento's deli-quality Natural Cheese Slices are available in the dairy case at grocers nationwide and are the perfect addition to a flavor-packed, cheese-filled panino. Sliced natural cheese such as Sargento Vermont Sharp White Cheddar, Sargento Sharp Provolone and Sargento Reduced Fat Pepper Jack are the ideal premium ingredients to add bold flavors to any homemade panino.
National Panini Month is recognized by the Chase's Calendar of Events, the authoritative guide to special occurrences, holidays, anniversaries and more from around the world, as a celebration of a growing food trend in America. To honor the occasion, Sargento is sharing five top ways to celebrate the popular sandwich during the month of August. Here's how food lovers can join in the celebration:
- Instead of firing up your panini press, cook a panino on your outdoor grill using a heavy cast iron skillet or a brick wrapped in foil to "press" your panino onto the grill.
- Pair your favorite panino with a glass of your favorite Italian wine.
- Show off your panini knowledge by letting friends and family know that panini in Italian means "small bread roll" and the singular term for the word is panino.
- Instead of a cheese and wine party, host a "panini party" for your friends. For even more excitement, you can get inspired by your favorite cooking competition show and invite friends and family to participate in a "Top Panini Throwdown" where you give an award to the best chef.
- Visit www.sargento.com to find a new panino recipe every day during the month of August and then share your favorite recipe with friends and family on Twitter and Facebook.
For more information on Sargento cheeses and to locate a store near you that carries the product, visit www.sargento.com.
About Sargento Foods Inc.
Sargento Foods Inc. has demonstrated its passion for cheese and cheese-based meal solutions throughout its history. Founded in 1953 in Plymouth, Sargento is a leading manufacturer, packager and marketer of natural shredded, sliced and snack cheeses, cheese appetizers, ingredients, sauces and other culinary solutions. Sargento is owned and operated by the Gentine family, and has net sales of more than $900 million. For more information, please visit www.sargento.com.
For More Information:
SOURCE Sargento Foods Inc.