PHILADELPHIA, Feb. 17, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Dining Out For Life® hosted by Subaru® is a restaurant-based event with a truly scrumptious call to action: Dine at one of the 3,000 participating restaurants in more than 60 cities across North America on Thursday, April 27th* and that restaurant will donate a generous portion of the day's proceeds to fund HIV/AIDS care, prevention, education, testing, counseling and other essential services in their city.
- Volunteer spokespeople include Ted Allen, host of Food Network's Chopped, actor Pam Grier (Foxy Brown, Jackie Brown), designer Mondo Guerra, winner of Lifetime's Project Runway All-Stars, and chef Daisy Martinez from Food Network's Viva Daisy! "I love working with (Dining Out For Life) because it's just such a cool, very low-overhead operation that raises more than $4 million for American HIV and AIDS service organizations in a single day…It also helps restaurants and chefs get new people coming in to try what they're doing. It just seems like such a win-win-win for everybody," says Ted Allen (HIV Plus Magazine).
- Mondo Guerra designed unique illustrations to honor each Dining Out For Life AIDS service organization. These beautiful prints were incorporated in a stunning, kaleidoscope-inspired 360-degree video.
- "As part of Subaru's Love Promise, we remain committed to supporting the causes our drivers care about, including joining the fight to overcome an HIV/AIDS epidemic that affects many in our local communities and millions around the world," said Alan Bethke, senior vice president of marketing, Subaru of America Inc. "We are proud to once again work with Dining Out for Life to spread awareness for such a worthy cause."
- Los Angeles is one of the new cities holding Dining Out For Life this year. Regions celebrating Dining Out For Life include Albany, Anchorage, Asheville, Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Baton Rouge, Birmingham/Mobile, Boston, Broward County, Fla., Buffalo, Central New York/Syracuse/Utica, Charleston, Chattanooga, Columbia, Denver/Boulder, El Paso, Fort Collins/Northern Colorado, Grand Junction/Western Colorado, Grand Rapids, Houston, Indianapolis, Inland Empire, Jacksonville, Kalamazoo/Southwest Michigan, Las Vegas, Lexington, Los Angeles, Louisville, Memphis, Minneapolis/St. Paul/Greater Minneapolis, Nashville, New Haven, New Jersey, New Orleans, Norfolk/Virginia Beach, Orange County, Palm Springs, Philadelphia and the Delaware Valley, Phoenix/ Prescott, Portland, Ore., Raleigh, Rochester, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Sonoma County, St. Louis, Tacoma/Olympia, Tampa Bay, Tulsa, Vancouver/Whistler and Washington, D.C.
* Please note: While most cities will hold their event on Thursday, April 27th, some have alternate dates. For more information on your area's event, visit www.diningoutforlife.com and follow on Twitter: @DineOut4Life #DiningOutForLife
About Dining Out For Life
Dining Out For Life began in Philadelphia in 1991 and has since grown into an international event held across North America and raising an average $4 million annually. The idea behind the single-day event is simple and effective: Dine Out, Fight AIDS. Each restaurant donates a percentage of the day's food sales, which goes to local organizations to fund care, prevention, education, testing, counseling and other essential HIV/AIDs services. For more information, visit www.diningoutforlife.com or Facebook/DiningOut4Life. To participate, please contact Dining Out For Life International Association, Inc.
About Subaru of America, Inc.
Subaru of America, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. of Japan. Headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J., the company markets and distributes Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive vehicles, parts and accessories through a network of more than 620 retailers across the United States. All Subaru products are manufactured in zero-landfill production plants and Subaru of Indiana Automotive Inc. is the only U.S. automobile production plant to be designated a backyard wildlife habitat by the National Wildlife Federation. For additional information visit media.subaru.com.
"15 Minutes" Inc. Nancy Becker or Laura Weber, 610-832-1515 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Diane Anton, Subaru of America, Inc., 856-488-5098 or email@example.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/save-the-date-for-a-meaningful-plate-300409691.html
SOURCE Subaru of America, Inc.