SANTA MONICA, Calif., July 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Savings.com, the premier destination for online coupons and coupon codes, announced a new initiative to help consumers save $1 billion: the Savings Pledge. To achieve that goal, they've enlisted the assistance of 55 of the savviest savers in America who have been selected to join their elite community of experts as the official 2011 DealPros™. The DealPros will join forces with Savings.com to help consumers save $1 billion by providing expert shopping advice, access to the very best deals available and a new Savings Pledge launching today on Facebook.
"Savings.com has helped Americans save more than $200 million but we aren't stopping there – we want to reach $1 billion," said Savings.com CEO, Loren Bendele. "We're welcoming an amazing team of 2011 DealPros who will help our users throughout their savings journeys, and it all starts with our newly launched Savings Pledge."
Savings.com is encouraging consumers to join this movement by taking the Savings Pledge on the Savings.com Facebook page to make a commitment to being smarter with their money. Pledge takers specify the amount of money they plan to save weekly, how they plan to attain that goal and what they are saving for. According to head of PR, Meghan Stuyvenberg, "It's not about scrimping and sacrificing – it's about being smart about spending money on the things you need in order to be able to afford the things you want. Whether it's a down payment on a house, dream vacation, or new iPad 2, we want to provide users with the tips and tools necessary to achieve their goals."
When consumers take the pledge, they'll receive ongoing expert advice and tips from the 2011 DealPros via their Facebook news feed and the Savings.com personal finance blog. In addition, five randomly selected consumers from the first 500 people to take the pledge will win a one-on-one, personalized advice session with a 2011 DealPro. Savings.com will also celebrate key milestones (e.g., $100k of savings pledged, $500k of savings pledged) by offering special, exclusive deals to consumers who take the pledge.
The 2011 DealPros include:
- Merissa Alink of Little House on the Prairie Living
- Alissa Boyle of Fun Finds for Families
- Aimee Brittain of The Coupon Diva
- Amanda Carlisle of A Few Short Cuts
- Briana Carter of Bargain Briana
- Erin Chase of $5 Dinners
- Mindi Cherry of Moms Need To Know
- Crystal Collins of The Thrifty Mama
- Andrea Deckard of Savings Lifestyle
- Shellie Deringer of Saving with Shellie
- Donna Freedman of Surviving and Thriving
- Daniel and Melissa Garcia of Consumer Queen
- Alison Gary of Wardrobe Oxygen
- Erin Gifford of Coupon Cravings
- Deidre Gunnels of Cuckoo for Coupon Deals
- Kelly Hancock of Faithful Provisions
- Charlene Haugsven of My Frugal Adventures
- Rachel Holland of Surviving the Stores
- Erin Huffstetler of About.com Frugal Living
- Jasmine Idley of DEALicious Finds
- Paul Ivanovsky of I Heart The Mart
- Tiffany Ivanovsky of My Litter
- Melissa Jennings of Stockpiling Moms
- Mir Kamin of Want Not
- Jessica Killion of This Frugal Life
- Lisa Lightner of Smart Spending Spot
- Jenny Martin of Southern Savers
- Alex and Cassie Michael of The Thrifty Couple
- Ashley Nuzzo of FrugalCouponLiving
- Laura Oliver of A Frugal Chick
- Claire Diaz Ortiz of Saving Money Plan
- Kristin Peoples of CouponScribbles
- Brittany Ramos of The Prudent Patron
- Maria Tiangco Ramos of A Savings WOW!
- Penny Ray of Ballers on Budgets
- Keri Lyn Renner of $he$aved
- Marcy Robinson of Stretching a Buck
- Jennie Sanford of Bargain Blessings
- Brandi Savitt and Stephanie Berenbaum of Fabulous & Frugal
- Kristie Sawicki of Saving Dollars and Sense
- Heather Schisler of Passion for Savings
- Jen Schmidt of Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
- Andrew Schrage of Money Crashers
- Shannon Snow of Coupon Princess
- Courtney Solstad of My Crazy Savings
- Ruth Soukup of Living Well Spending Less
- Holly Syx of IGoBOGO
- Ashley Thompson of NorCalCouponGal
- Tiffany Towns of Frugally Fabulous
- Kelly Whalen of the ¢entsible Life
- Mitchell Wischmann of Frugal Finders
- Dana Zeliff of The Coupon Challenge
Shoppers can learn more about the new 2011 DealPros and their best savings tips by visiting the Savings.com Blog & Save.
About Savings.com DealPros
A Savings.com DealPro is someone who is passionate about helping others get the most value for their money. This exclusive community of money-saving experts shares their savvy with others by answering shopping questions, sharing deals and blogging. DealPros are passionate about helping others lead better lives on a budget. They know that Saving Money Feels Good™, and they want to share that feeling with the world.
Savings.com gives you the best deals on everything you want. Tell us what brands and categories you like to shop, where you live, and Savings.com will deliver the best deals for you handpicked by expert DealPros®. In addition to providing personalized recommendations, Savings.com has one of the most in-depth databases of coupons. Shoppers can access thousands of exclusive offers from the biggest brand names along with 400,000+ deals aggregated from online and national retailers, local businesses and daily deal sites. More than 5 million a month turn to Savings.com as the trusted resource to find the best deals and interact with the site's popular personal finance blog, Answers tool and vital community of online coupon experts, the DealPros.
Savings.com is one of the fastest growing privately held companies in the US. In 2010, Savings.com won top awards from advertiser partners including Advertiser's Choice Award for Top Publisher from LinkShare, and Advertiser's Choice Award for Top Publisher from Commission Junction. Traveling overseas? Visit Savings.com sister site in the UK, Savoo.co.uk.