LOS ANGELES, Jan. 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- To help businesses running SAP applications better protect their data, Saviynt, an SAP partner, has just announced HANA Security Manager, the industry's first SAP HANA security product natively built to help organizations optimally manage HANA security, and reduce implementation time by as much as 75% and improve SAP HANA security by over 80%.
SAP HANA security is extremely flexible and hence very complex. There are exponential relationships between users, roles and privileges. Implementing HANA security manually is very cumbersome and might result in users getting inappropriate access to critical data. Also, ongoing management of the HANA security model when new data sources are added can be extremely resource intensive, difficult, and often require costly security re-design.
Saviynt HANA Security Manager integrates natively with SAP HANA and provides a business layer for both security and business teams. Business analysts can easily define business rules and controls which are then converted by Saviynt into an optimized Role and Privilege Model. Saviynt creates users, roles and privileges in HANA and provides real time monitoring against business and compliance rules.
"It is important to understand that in HANA implementations, security is implemented at the HANA Database level. There is little to no authorization done at the Application layer. This is a major difference between HANA security and traditional database security. Also, companies are planning on storing their most critical data in HANA. Therefore, a serious focus on security is required during HANA implementations, and should be core to the overall business requirements and project strategy," says Sachin Nayyar, CEO Saviynt.
Saviynt HANA Security Manager provides the following capabilities:
- Business layer that translates a very complex HANA data and security model into business views for security and business teams. This is important since out of box HANA security requires a deep understanding of database object models and does not cater to the security teams, business teams and data stewards
- Automated Role / Privilege Design and Management: Based on the business rules defined, Saviynt creates and manages an optimized Role and Privilege model and provisions it to HANA
- Real Time Monitoring: When an access that violates an existing business or compliance rule is modified directly in HANA, Saviynt notifies security and business teams in real time
- Automated User Management: Saviynt enables preventative business and compliance checks during user creation and management processes
- Reports and Dashboard: Saviynt provides real time and historical security health and compliance reports
About Saviynt, LLC
Saviynt is an Application Security Management company that focuses on providing simple, fast and cost effective solutions for enterprises to manage security of their critical applications. Saviynt has a major focus on SAP Business suite and HANA security with several customers relying on Saviynt's products and services for their SAP and application security and compliances needs.
Sinan Kanatsiz, KCOMM
SOURCE Saviynt, LLC