Savvy Shoppers Find One-Stop-Shopping for Holiday Decor and the Hottest Gifts This Year at CVS/pharmacy From the latest in tech gadgets, popular toys and holiday decor, CVS/pharmacy offers an unexpected selection of gifts and all the trimmings at a great value this holiday season
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Dec. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- By offering a wide assortment of gifts and decorating essentials in one place, CVS/pharmacy is the secret to smart shopping without the hassle this Christmas season. Customers will be surprised to find a large selection of holiday decor, such as ornaments and nutcrackers, with the same look but at a fraction of the cost as decor found in specialty stores. In addition to offering great value on classic and fun decorations, CVS/pharmacy is a convenient gift destination for tech gadgets, the season's hottest toys and the most sought-after beauty products, making shopping for everyone easy and stress-free.
"During the holiday season, customers come into CVS/pharmacy to shop for holiday staples like gift wrap and batteries, but end up leaving with presents for their loved ones and decorations for the home they didn't know we carry," said Judy Sansone, senior vice president of merchandising for CVS/pharmacy. "Savvy shoppers have been pleasantly surprised to find everything they need all in one place while saving money, which makes the shopping season less stressful."
CVS/pharmacy has a selection of products that are perfect for gift-giving, decorating or entertaining, and are available in-store or online at CVS.com. An assortment of items includes:
- Decorating: Merry Brite decorating items including: 52 Count Shatterproof Ornaments, $14.99; Santa in Sleigh, $29.99; Animated Revolving Tree, $19.99; 9ft Shatterproof Garland, $19.99; Nutcracker Scene, $19.99; Merry Brite Animated Ferris Wheel, $19.99
- Hot Kid's Toys: Pillow Pets Dream Lites, $29.99; Robofish, $9.99; SuperPretzel Soft Pretzels Maker, $19.99; Friendship Kids Doll, $19.99; Discovery Kids Exploration Laptop, $19.99; Foil Pack Puzzles, $2.99; Keebler Uncommonly Good Cake Pop Maker, $19.99; Kawasaki Guitar and Mic set, $19.99; Disney Talk 'n View Play Camera, $9.99
- Electronics: Craig 7" Touch Screen Tablet, $99.99; Philips iPod Color Earbuds, $9.99; Fujifilm Instax Mini Instant Camera, $79.99; iPhone and iPad-compatible Tower Speaker System, $79.99; CrystalView Dual Function Netbook/Tablet, $99.99
- As Seen on TV Gifts: Pajama Jeans, $39.99; Chef Basket, $4.99; Alumna Wallet, $10.99; Shake Weight, $14.99
- Surprising Stocking Stuffers: Designer fragrances and colognes, such as Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift, Someday by Justin Bieber and Radiance by Britney Spears, $9.99 - $58.99; Gold Emblem snacks and treats; Aladdin Sustain Recycled & Reusable Travel Mug, $11.99; Gillette ProGlide Styler, $24.99; National and CVS/pharmacy Brand beauty and spa items
In addition to the many opportunities to save and earn rewards each week at CVS/pharmacy this holiday season, members of CVS/pharmacy ExtraCare®, the largest retail rewards program, who have signed up for the Double Quarterly ExtraBucks® program can earn 4% - instead of 2%- from now through December 15 on most gift purchases. All Double Quarterly ExtraBucks® Rewards will be paid out starting on January 1, 2013, and shoppers can use them like "free CVS money" that can be spent on most things in the store.
Additionally, CVS/pharmacy has taken the deals to social channels and is encouraging consumers to visit the CVS/pharmacy Facebook and Twitter pages for information about special sales throughout the season. Shoppers can follow @CVS_Extra on Twitter (Twitter.com/CVS_Extra) to learn about upcoming promotions and ways to win a variety of gift items. Additional holiday savings can be found on the CVS/pharmacy Facebook page (Facebook.com/CVS). Shoppers can also watch video featuring moms with popular blogs sharing their favorite gift suggestions and holiday savings tips by visiting Destination Christmas on CVS.com or by visiting the CVS/pharmacy YouTube channel.
To locate a nearby CVS/pharmacy or for specific questions about store hours, visit the CVS.com Store Locator (CVS.com/storefinder).
CVS/pharmacy, the retail division of CVS Caremark Corporation (NYSE: CVS), is America's leading retail pharmacy with more than 7,400 CVS/pharmacy and Longs Drug stores. CVS/pharmacy is reinventing pharmacy to help people on their path to better health by providing the most accessible and personalized expertise, both in its stores and online at CVS.com. General information about CVS/pharmacy and CVS Caremark is available at http://info.cvscaremark.com.