WASHINGTON, June 27, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The U.S. Small Business Administration, in cooperation with the White House, will host the 2016 Hispanic-American Entrepreneurship Summit at the U.S. Institute of Peace on Tuesday, June 28th. The event will include keynote addresses and panel discussions with participation from members of President Obama's Cabinet and many other senior administration officials and private sector leaders.
Hispanic-Americans are one of the fastest growing segments of the U.S. population. At more than 55 million strong, Hispanic-Americans represent 17% of the U.S. population and play a critical role in the nation's economy and prospects for future growth. There are also more than 3.3 million Hispanic-owned businesses in the U.S., a number that is growing at a rate 15 times that of the population overall.
The summit will explore the role of Hispanic-American entrepreneurs in advancing U.S. economic growth and encourage strategic discussion about the nation's entrepreneurship environment as an economic imperative for greater inclusivity.
What: Hispanic-American Entrepreneurship Summit
When: June 28, 2016
7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Where: U.S. Institute of Peace
2301 Constitution Ave. NW.
- SBA Administrator Maria Contreras-Sweet and the Honorable Ken Salazar (8:30 a.m.)
- Jason Furman, Chairman, Council of Economic Advisors (9 a.m.)
- Chiqui Cartagena, Senior Vice President, Political and Advocacy Group Univision (9 a.m.)
- Mark Hugo Lopez, Director of Hispanic Research, Pew Hispanic Research Center (9 a.m.)
- Remy Arteaga, Executive Director, Entrepreneurship Center, Latino Business Action Network at Stanford University (9 a.m.)
- Denis McDonough, White House Chief of Staff (10 a.m.)
- Diana Farrell, Founding President and CEO JP Morgan Chase Institute (10:45 a.m.)
- Secretary Sally Jewel, Department of the Interior (10:45 a.m.)
- Administrator Gina McCarthy, Environmental Protection Agency (10:45 a.m.)
- Cecilia Muñoz Assistant to the President and Director of the Domestic Policy Council (10:45 a.m.)
- Secretary Penny Pritzker, U.S. Department of Commerce (11:45 a.m.)
- Javier Saade, Managing Director, Fenway Summer Ventures (11:45 a.m.)
- Juan Sabater, Partner, Valor Capital (11:45 a.m.)
- J. Alberto Yépez, Managing Director, Trident Capital
- José Andrés, Celebrity Chef and Entrepreneur (12:45)
- Secretary Tom Perez, U.S. Department of Labor (2 p.m.)
- Jeff Zients, Director of the National Economic Council and Assistant to the President on Economic Policy (3 p.m.)
- Jason Marczak, Director, Latin America Economic Growth Initiative, Atlantic Council (3:15 p.m.)
- Secretary Tom Vilsack, U.S. Department of Agriculture (3:15 p.m.)
- Ambassador Michael Froman, U.S. Trade Representative (3:15 p.m.)
- Luis Alberto Moreno, President Inter-American Development Bank (3:15 p.m.)
- Antonia Hernández, President, California Community Foundation (4:15 p.m.)
- Maria T. Cardona, Principal, The Dewey Square Group (4:15 p.m.)
- Lance Rios, Founder & CEO, Being Latino (4:15 p.m.)
- SBA Administrator Maria Contreras-Sweet (4:50 p.m.)
The full agenda and more information on the event are online at: https://www.sba.gov/HispanicAmericanEntrepreneurshipSummit.
ABOUT THE U.S. Small Business Administration
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) was created in 1953 and since January 13, 2012 has served as a Cabinet-level agency of the federal government to aid, counsel, assist and protect the interests of small business concerns, to preserve free competitive enterprise and to maintain and strengthen the overall economy of our nation. The SBA helps Americans start, build and grow businesses. Through an extensive network of field offices and partnerships with public and private organizations, the SBA delivers its services to people throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Guam. www.sba.gov
Media note – this is advisory reflects an updated agenda
Advisory Number: MA16-36
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sba-administrator-convenes-senior-administration-officials-for-historic-hispanic-american-entrepreneurship-summit-on-tuesday-june-28th-300290505.html
SOURCE U.S. Small Business Administration