STATE COLLEGE, Pa., Sept. 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Inc. Magazine ranked Schoolwires as one of the Top Education Companies on its 2011 Inc. 500|5000 for the fifth consecutive year, it was announced today.
Companies listed in the 2011 Inc. 500|5000 are ranked according to percentage revenue growth from 2008 through 2010. Schoolwires' three-year growth rate of 111 percent set it apart from its competitors, while also outperforming companies in other sectors. Schoolwires is one of the nation's leading providers of strategic website and community management solutions designed to build stronger school communities, more effective schools and greater student success.
"As an Inc. 5000 honoree, Schoolwires shares a prestigious pedigree with such notable alumni as Intuit, Zappos, Under Armour, Microsoft, Timberland, Patagonia, Oracle, Zipcar, and scores of other powerhouses," said Jane Berentson, Editor in Chief of Inc. Magazine.
"We are delighted to achieve this prestigious ranking a fifth year in a row," said Christiane Crawford, President and Chief Executive Officer, Schoolwires. "The company continues to be successful because of our steadfast commitment to transform and energize the K-12 community around school and student success. We expect strong continued growth within our existing product line as well as for our new Schoolwires Greenleaf™ International Classroom Exchange Program and Nimbus™ Safe Social Learning Environment. Greenleaf and Nimbus help districts provide a safe social learning environment for their students and teachers on both a local and international scale, equipping them with the skills and experience necessary to succeed in today's global, competitive world."
Crawford cited the following factors as contributing to the company's ongoing growth and continued ranking in the Inc. 500|5000.
- Schoolwires remains the vendor of choice for approximately 10% of the nation's Top 200 districts. New contracts signed over the past three years include Baltimore City Public Schools, Atlanta Public Schools, Dallas Independent School District, Loudoun County Public Schools, and San Diego Unified School District.
- A total of 761 new school districts purchased Schoolwires' solutions from 2008-2010, growing its market share from 2.7% to 7.3%.
- Schoolwires continues to deliver new innovative solutions that address districts' most pressing needs, including Web 2.0 technologies and safe social learning environments for collaborative and blended learning initiatives.
- The company consistently achieves an annual client retention rate that exceeds 95%.
- Customer satisfaction with the company's products, technical support and the overall company is 98%, according to the company's 2010 customer survey.
- The company's solutions are in use at over 1,300 districts and educational entities serving an estimated 8 million users and over 1 billion user sessions annually.
About Schoolwires, Inc.
Schoolwires is a leading provider of community-based solutions designed to accelerate K-12 district and student success. Centricity2 is a unifying Web content management platform designed to help K-12 districts more deeply connect and engage with their communities in support of student, school, and district success. In addition, Centricity2 helps districts unify critical technologies and resources under one technology platform, making it easier for constituents to find and access the people, information, content, and tools they need to be successful. Built upon the proven and award-winning Centricity website and community management solution used by over 1,300 school districts and educational entities, the Centricity2 platform enables turn-key integration of pre-configured Schoolwires applications, including Synergy™ Digital File Sharing, Assist™ Service Request Management and PassKey Manager™. Through its many deep and long-term district relationships, Schoolwires works with an estimated 8 million users across the nation. Schoolwires was recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the Top Education Companies on the 2011 Inc. 500|5000 for the fifth consecutive year. Schoolwires Inc. (www.schoolwires.com) is headquartered in State College, Pennsylvania, USA.