Schroders Growth in North America Expands the Intermediary Teams Hires include Two North American External Sales Directors, Offshore Sales Director, Key Accounts Manager, Internal Team Leader, Internal Director for the Northeast
NEW YORK, Jan. 10, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- As part of a continued effort to grow its presence in the US Intermediary channel, Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. has recently expanded its staff. The addition of five new US Onshore Intermediary members plus one Offshore hire will enhance the group's strategic focus on the intermediary business.
Carter Sims, Head of US Intermediary Distribution, at Schroders said:
"These new US Intermediary Distribution hires are the latest in a series of strategic decisions to expand Schroders Intermediary group. This expansion is based upon the team's success over the last few years and bringing the group total to a team of 23 people." Mr. Sims noted he expects the team will continue to grow during 2011 with planned additions to staff in the field, key accounts and marketing areas.
"The expansion of our offshore distribution team further strengthens our value proposition to the international financial intermediary community," noted Jason Barger, Head of Offshore Intermediary Distribution at Schroders. "Jason's field experience and technical acumen will greatly benefit Schroders and our clients."
US Intermediary Distribution – Sales
- Benjamin Stevens who joined the Intermediary Distribution Team as Sales Director for the West territory, based in Denver, CO. He will be part of the West Territory Team working in conjunction with John Maguire, Director - Intermediaries, West. Most recently, he was employed at Janus Capital Group.
- Christopher Ander also joined the Intermediary Distribution Team as Sales Director for the Central territory, based in Chicago. He will be part of the Central Territory Team working in conjunction with Charles Taylor, CFA, Director - Intermediaries, Central. Chris joins Schroders after spending the past six years employed at Van Kampen Investments.
- Kelly Klobucar joins in a dual role as Team Leader, managing the Internal Sales Directors and supporting John Maguire and Ben Stevens, Directors - Intermediaries, West. Kelly was previously at FBR Asset Management in several sales and marketing capacities.
- Marc DeCuffa joins the Schroders Intermediary Distribution Team as an Internal Sales Director, Northeast, supporting Steve Wagenbach and Julie Macalka, Directors for the Northeast territory, having joined from Bank of America - Merrill Lynch Wealth Management.
US Intermediary Distribution – Key Accounts
- Greg Bradley joins the firm as a Key Accounts Manager, reporting to Erin Brenner, Head of Intermediary Key Accounts. Greg joins from Hewlett Packard Company where he was a Global Account Manager, responsible for strategic relationships within HP's largest corporate accounts. Greg has twelve years of distribution experience within the Asset Management industry, previously as a Senior Vice President at Wachovia / Evergreen Investments and Director at Bank of America / Columbia Management.
Offshore Distribution – Sales
- Jason Shidler joins Offshore Intermediary Sales and will be covering Western US/Western Canada, based in Los Angeles, reporting to Jason Barger, Head of Offshore Intermediary Sales. Jason's most recent position was Vice President of Sales at Franklin Templeton based in Los Angeles.
Jamie Dorrien-Smith, CEO, Americas at Schroders said:
"These appointments significantly strengthen our dedicated focus on the financial intermediary community and fully support our ongoing efforts to increase the service and coverage we provide this key channel. The new hires are further commitment by Schroders to provide unsurpassed client service and world-class support while increasing our deep roster of talented professionals".
For further information, please contact:
Jennifer Manser, Schroders (New York)
Jennifer Williams, FD
Notes to Editors
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc.
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. is a unit of Schroders plc (SDR.L), a global asset management company with approximately $286.1 billion under management as of September 30, 2010. Our clients include major financial institutions such as banks and insurance companies, as well as local and public authorities, public and private pension funds, endowments and foundations, intermediaries and advisors, and high net worth individuals and retail investors.
Our aim is to apply our dedicated asset management skills in serving the needs of our clients worldwide and in delivering value to our shareholders. With one of the largest networks of offices of any dedicated asset management company and over 330 portfolio managers and analysts covering the world's investment markets, we offer our clients a comprehensive range of products and services.
Further information about Schroders can be found at www.schroders.com/us
Issued by Schroder Investment Management North America Inc.
Chris brings over 6 years of investment experience to his role at Schroders. Prior to Schroders, Chris spent six years at Van Kampen Investments as a Senior Internal Wholesaler. He was responsible for driving sales in Van Kampen's mutual funds, separate accounts, unit trusts, closed-end fund IPO's and ETF's. During his time at Van Kampen he also served a Variable Annuity Liaison, charged with helping to maintain relationships with VA partner home offices, and training their sales desks on Van Kampen's sub-advised products. He graduated with a BS in Marketing from the Richard T. Farmer School of Business at Miami University of Ohio
Ben brings over 5 years of investment experience to his role at Schroders. Prior to Schroders, he spent over two years working as a Senior Internal Wholesaler at Janus Capital Group in Denver, CO. Before joining Janus, Benjamin was a Financial Advisor with an independently owned financial services firm in Denver, CO. He has a BA in Business along with minors in Asian studies and Economics from Principia College.
Kelly started in the business as a Separate Account Client Specialist at Lord Abbett & Co. She spent the last 5 1/2 years at FBR Asset Management in several sales and marketing capacities, most recently as the New York Metro External Sales Director where she was responsible for driving sales in the Independent, RIA and Wirehouse channels. She received a BS, Communications, from Boston College.
Marc De Cuffa
Marc began his career at Argent Mortgage Co. LLC as an underwriter and most recently worked at Bank of America - Merrill Lynch Wealth Management for the past four years, where he was a member of the Client Solutions Group, driving sales as an Internal Wealth Management Specialist. He received a BA from the University of Albany.
Greg began his career at AG Edwards as a Financial Advisor and has held positions at Banc of America Capital Management/Columbia Management, Wachovia-Evergreen Capital Management and Hewlett Packard Company in various account management positions. He received a BS from Florida State University.
Jason R. Shidler
Jason brings over 12 years of investment experience to his role at Schroders. Prior to beginning his professional career, he spent over two years as a Peace Corps business volunteer working with small businesses in capturing market share. His formal career began at Janus Mutual Funds where he was Director of Sales. Other positions include Account Executive at Anixter, Vice President of Sales at MFS and most recently Vice President of Sales at Franklin Templeton. Jason also spent two years as a franchise owner. He earned a BS from Colorado State University.
Schroders has expressed its own views and opinions in this document and these may change.
Performance can go down as well as up and is not guaranteed.
The views and forecasts contained herein are those of Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. and are subject to change. The information and opinions contained in this document have been obtained from sources we consider to be reliable. No responsibility can be accepted for errors of facts obtained from third parties. Reliance should not be placed on the views and information in the document when taking individual investment and/or strategic decisions.