Analyze new markets and identify areas of potential expansion within the present market for various types of sealants.
- Determine in-depth market and competitive analyses of recent developments and current trends in the developed global sealants and sealant applicators market.
- Evaluate the product life cycle and technology life cycle of ecofriendly sealants and methods employed by various manufacturers and users.
- Discuss the major manufacturers and suppliers of sealants and sealant application equipment, as well as any relevant mergers and acquisitions in this field.
- The global market for sealants and sealant applicators should reach $26.4 billion by 2021 from $21.5 billion in 2016 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.2%, from 2016 to 2021.
- The sealants segment of the sealant industry is the largest market. The market is expected to grow from nearly $17.8 billion in 2016 to nearly $22.1 billion in 2021 at a CAGR of 4.4% for the period 2016-2021.
- The sealant applicators segment of the sealant market is expected to grow from $3.7 billion in 2016 to about $4.4 billion in 2021 at a CAGR of 3.4% for the period 2016-2021.
Sealants are substances prepared from various chemicals to make surfaces airtight and watertight to prevent the escape of solids, gases and liquids. Due to their properties of superior adhesion, corrosion resistance and insolubility, sealants are also being increasingly used in acoustical and thermal applications in construction, packaging, woodworking and transportation.
Sealants are soft, pliable materials, used to seal cracks in joints where structural strength is not required. Sealant, initially fluid or semi-fluid, placed between two opposing solid materials, becomes solid itself (by solvent evaporation or chemical reaction), bonds to the surface it is applied to and accommodates joint movement. It prevents excessive absorption of adhesive or penetration of liquid or gaseous substances. A sealant has the adhesive and cohesive properties to form a seal and is used to create an impenetrable barrier to gas or moisture.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
This report studies the global and regional markets for sealants, with the purpose of locating new markets and identifying areas of potential expansion within the present market for various types of sealants. A realistic forecast has been made for the future market of various types of sealants. The report also addresses the market for sealant application equipment around the world.
The technologies involved in the manufacture of different types of sealants are studied, including the value of such products produced and utilized globally as well as in different regions during the last year with a forecast for the next five years. Applications for each type of sealant are examined in order to establish the global and regional usage of different types of sealants and a future forecast has been made for such applications.
The report also studies the product life cycle and technology life cycle (TLC) of ecofriendly sealants and methods employed by various manufacturers and users. New types of sealants that are becoming increasingly popular in different applications are also studied. Finally, the report profiles the major manufacturers and suppliers of sealants and sealant application equipment, as well as any relevant mergers and acquisitions in this field.
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
Successful operation of any company in a competitive market depends upon the identification of product opportunities from the viewpoint of the company's strengths. For this, it is necessary to understand the size and growth rate of any opportunity and the competitive atmosphere in which the company exists. This report presents the ideal medium to understand the various exciting and growing opportunities in the field of sealants and will help prospective manufacturers, distributors or even end users to succeed in this growing field.
This report is intended to help marketing managers identify new market opportunities and develop targeted promotion plans for sealants. Research and development (R&D) professionals can use the information in this report to stay on top of competitor initiatives and explore demand for sealants to develop new products and applications.
Advertising agencies working with clients in the sealants industry will be able to understand the products in order to develop messages and images that will influence consumers to purchase these products. Business development executives can use this report to understand the dynamics of the market and identify possible new markets. This report can be used by information and research center librarians to provide market researchers and brand and product managers with the data they need to do their jobs more effectively.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The report has been prepared in a simple format that can be easily understood with a number of tables and charts/figures. The scope of the report includes a detailed study of the global and regional markets for various types of sealants, with the reasons given for variations in the growth of the industry in certain regions. The report also studies the different types of equipment used for applying sealants and the global and regional market for these.
The following categories of sealants are covered in this report:
- Silicone sealants.
- Polyurethane (PUR) sealants.
- Acrylic sealants.
- Silyl-modified polymer sealants.
- Butyl sealants.
- Polysulfide sealants.
- Other sealants.
For this report, sealant equipment has been generally classified as follows:
- Unloading equipment.
- Dispensing equipment.
- Application equipment.
- Auxiliary equipment.
INFORMATION SOURCES AND METHODOLOGY
The primary sources of the report are interviews (personal/telephonic) with personnel in connected companies and industry. The secondary sources of the report include the following:
- Financial reports and balance sheets of the companies involved.
- Reports of and analysis from the industry associations connected with the subject.
- Technical articles from sites online.
- Market reports from various sources.
The basic assumptions made while preparing the report are as follows:
- The world economy will continue without any major upheaval.
- There will not be any major natural disasters, like the earthquake and tsunami in Japan, which affected Japan's economy.
- No major wars or armed uprisings.
- The industry will continue to prosper in the same manner and the growth trend will be maintained during the period under consideration.
Srinivasa Rajaram is a mechanical engineer with more than 40 years of experience in senior positions in multinational organizations in the fields of weighing, dynamic balancing and machine monitoring. He has designed layouts for these types of products for a number of manufacturing units.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p01863182-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sealants-and-sealant-applicators-technologies-and-global-markets-300397775.html