HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., June 22 /PRNewswire/ -- Sears and Kmart are enhancing their consumer electronics product offerings just in time for one of the world's most famous soccer tournaments and the start of dorm room shopping by entering into an agreement with RCA(1).
Since the digital broadcast switch in 2009, customers have become more aware of the latest news in home entertainment technology and are now looking to purchase more high-definition products as a result. In fact, a recent Consumer Electronics Association(2) study reports that 65 percent of U.S. homes now own at least one high-definition television, a 13 percentage point increase from 2009.
"For more than 90 years, RCA has been a trusted name in American households," stated Karen Austin, president, Home Electronics for Sears Holdings. "Offering such a respected and approachable brand furthers our commitment to provide our savvy shoppers with not only unique products that they won't find at other retailers, but also with the exceptional quality and unbeatable value that they have come to know and expect from both Sears and Kmart."
- RCA 19-inch 720p LCD TV; reg. price $199.99
- RCA 22-inch 1080p LCD TV; reg. price $269.99
- RCA 32-inch 720p LCD TV; reg. price $399.99
- RCA 40-inch 1080p LCD TV; reg. price $569.99
- RCA 46-inch 1080p LCD TV; reg. price $799.99
- RCA 42-inch 1080p LED 120 Hz; reg. price $999.99
Not only are Sears and Kmart the exclusive retailers of RCA LCD TVs 19-inches and larger, but they are also the only retailers for RCA's LCD HDTV/DVD Combos, including:
- RCA 22-inch 1080p LCD HDTV/DVD Combo; reg. price $299.99
- RCA 26-inch 720p LCD HDTV/DVD Combo; reg. price $369.99
- RCA 32-inch 720p LCD HDTV/DVD Combo; reg. price $439.99
Sears and Kmart provide customers access to the hottest items, as well as exclusive consumer electronics like RCA's LCD HDTVs. By adding the RCA brand to their existing assortment of top TV models and brands, Sears and Kmart continue to serve as the go-to resource for customers looking for the latest in consumer electronics. Additionally, Sears and Kmart pass savings to shoppers by offering Shop Your Way Rewards on every purchase while providing payment options, such as financing, layaway and Christmas Club.
About Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation is the nation's fourth largest broadline retailer with approximately 3,900 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, consumer electronics and automotive repair and maintenance. Sears Holdings is the 2010 ENERGY STAR® Retail Partner of the Year. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, and a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands' End, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as the Apostrophe and Covington brands. It also has the Country Living collection, which is offered by Sears and Kmart. We are the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 12 million service calls made annually. Sears Holdings Corporation operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation. For more information, visit Sears Holdings' website at http://www.searsholdings.com.
(1) RCA is a wholly-owned Trademark of RCA Trademark Management SAS.
(2) The 12th Annual Household CE Ownership and Market Potential Study (May 2010) was conducted between Jan. 28 and Feb. 1, 2010. It was designed and formulated by Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) ® Market Research.
SOURCE Sears Holdings Corporation