HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., Nov. 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Most major appliances can last 10-15 years or more. But when a washer conks out on laundry day or the refrigerator has lost its cool, it might cause you to lose your cool, too. How quickly can you get help, how much will the repair cost and how long will it take?
"You don't have to go it alone," said Sean Skelley, president, Sears Home Services. "We are the house experts for homeowners, and our new website connects homeowners to repair or improvement experts quickly. So whether it's one of our more than 6,000 technicians to fix a washer or a home improvement specialist to provide specifications for a new heating system or roof, SearsHomeServices.com has you covered."
The new SearsHomeServices.com site features information that improves how members care for their homes, such as do-it-yourself quick fixes to common appliance issues, derived from analyzing decades' of home and appliance repair data.
Site improvements and benefits include:
- Mobile-friendly design – The new site automatically formats to fit any device, from laptop to smartphone, so customers can troubleshoot and schedule services from virtually anywhere – even while standing in front of their ailing appliance.
- DIY quick fixes – Members can learn DIY solutions to common appliance issues and schedule an appointment for more complex problems, such as when your refrigerator is no longer running or your washing machine is making funny noises.
- Regional statistics – Visitors to the site can view information such as the number of repairs completed, average cost, and length of repair time in their area so they can make informed decisions when scheduling services.
- Online appointment scheduling – Homeowners can schedule an appointment online, add appointment details to their calendars, and receive text message confirmations. They'll also receive updates prior to and on the day of their service appointment. When smaller appliances need repair, such as countertop microwaves, customers can conveniently locate Sears repair centers, and check their hours and location just by entering their zip code.
- Info about local Sears technicians – With ratings, number of years' experience and photos, members can get to know their experts.
- Verified customer reviews – Before booking appointments, customers can read thousands of reviews from other customers about their experiences with Sears Home Services.
"As a leader in the home services industry, Sears Home Services is enhancing our website after listening to feedback from our members," said Skelley. "The new Sears Home Services website makes it easier for customers to understand what issues may exist with their home and schedule an appointment."
On the site, visitors can schedule appliance repairs for more than 180 brands and schedule consultations for home improvement projects – from kitchen remodeling to roofing to heating and cooling.
Earlier this year, Sears Home Services opened a technology office in Seattle to spearhead technological innovations fueled by Sears' extensive history of home and appliance repair data. Sears will continue to update the website in the coming months, adding more features and home service categories to meet its members' needs.
Offering a complete solution for homeowners, Sears helps members purchase, service and replace their appliances, as well as manage and maintain their homes and a variety of products within their homes, from fitness equipment to lawn mowers and snow blowers. Sears has the largest fleet of services technicians in neighborhoods throughout the U.S., and sells the top 10 appliance brands, including Kenmore.
About Sears, Roebuck and Co.
Sears, Roebuck and Co., a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD), is a leading integrated retailer providing merchandise and related services and is part of Shop Your Way, a social shopping experience where members have the ability to earn points and receive benefits across a wide variety of physical and digital formats through shopyourway.com. Sears, Roebuck offers its wide range of home merchandise, apparel and automotive products and services through Sears-branded and affiliated full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States. Sears, Roebuck also offers a variety of merchandise and services through sears.com, landsend.com and specialty catalogs. Sears, Roebuck offers consumers leading proprietary brands including Kenmore, Craftsman, and DieHard – among the most trusted and preferred brands in the U.S. The company is the nation's largest provider of home services. For more information, visit the Sears, Roebuck website at www.sears.com or the Sears Holdings Corporation website at www.searsholdings.com.
Sears Holdings Corp.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sears-introduces-dynamic-website-to-simplify-how-homeowners-repair-improve-maintain-their-home-300169846.html
SOURCE Sears Holdings