NEW YORK, Dec. 17, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Seatrade Cruise Global is pleased to announce 2016 Conference program details which will offer attendees a comprehensive roster of panel discussions and workshops featuring experts, leaders and thought-makers. Registration is open to attendees at a reduced rate through the Early Bird Discount available until 31 January 2016.
"As the cruise industry's premier global event, we are excited to share the first details of our 2016 conference program," shared Robyn Duda, Portfolio Director for Seatrade Cruise Global. "We have crafted the 2016 program to be more innovative than ever with technical workshops and round-table sessions with industry experts that will encourage audience participation."
2016 Seatrade Cruise Global Conference Program Preview:
Monday 14 March
- 10:00 – 11:30 a.m. – Shorex and the Rise of Voluntourism – Voluntourism is one of the fastest growing areas of travel with cruise lines and tour operators meeting these trends by offering volunteering opportunities or "social impact" travel. How can ports adapt and cater to the voluntourism trend?
- 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. – Seasonality and Its Impact on Deployment – The cruise industry is challenging the conventions of seasonal deployment. How far can the cruise season in traditional areas be extended and what are the challenges that this strategy throws up for cruise lines and destinations?
Tuesday 15 March
- 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. – State of the Global Cruise Industry – As the flagship event of the conference, Cuba, expansion in Asia and other geo-political issues affecting the cruise industry will be examined by chief executives of the world's largest cruise companies including Carnival Corporation, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line and MSC Cruises.
- 3:00 – 4:30 p.m. – The State of the Industry: Upscale Cruising – Panelists will examine how upscale operators are meeting costly technology demands, such as free Wi-Fi, and how they're differentiating their brands in today's market.
- 3:00 – 4:30 p.m. – Global Ports & Terminals – Globalization Examined: What are the particular challenges of creating the right shoreside facilities to match the needs of larger and more sophisticated ships, and how are they being addressed by the world's leading cruise ports?
- 2:00 – 2:50 p.m. – Cybercrime on the High Seas: How Cyber Attacks Occur and What You Can Do About Them – This insightful presentation will feature an expert on maritime cyber threats and an IT security executive from one of the major cruise lines to discuss the latest attacks on maritime organizations, the threat actors who might target the shipping industry, and the specific methods that cyber criminals could use to target ships and their supporting networks.
Wednesday 16 March
- 9:30 – 11:00 a.m. – The State of the Cruise Industry: Americas – What's Ahead: After some tough years for the US West Coast and Mexican Riviera, cruising is rebounding. Panelists will map what's ahead for the region and weigh opportunities and challenges for growth.
- 9:30 – 11:00 a.m. – The State of the Cruise Industry: Europe – Europe is a vital part of the global cruise industry. What is the prospect for cruise sales in Europe and how will the balance between national and international brands serving this market develop in the future?
- 12:30 – 1:20 p.m. – 2016 Regulations: What You Need to Know – Current issues in regulation regarding IMO changes, public health safety, environment, security and more will be examined.
- 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. – Generation Z: The Next Big Disruptor – Generation Z will have wide ranging implications to the cruise industry, from new builds, to cruise shopping, to onboard and shore side experiences. This session will explore how to connect with them and how they are about to turn today's market on its head.
- 2:00 – 3:10 p.m. – Fuel for Thought: The Viability of LNG – The cruise industry appears to be moving toward LNG, but what are the challenges that the industry is facing? This workshop will give the audience the power to critically think through how the industry and their shore-based partners can prepare for this emerging fuel type.
- 3:00 – 4:30 p.m. – The State of the Industry: Asia/Australasia – The number of ships cruising in Asia and Australia is on the rise. Will this demand continue to grow? What are the challenges associated with integrating all parts of the industry value chain?
- 3:00 – 4:30 p.m. – The State of the Industry: Caribbean & Cuba – How are new destinations reshaping itineraries and impacting demand? What are the challenges and opportunities for Cuba, and the implications of its opening for the region as a whole?
Thursday 17 March
- 9:30 – 11:00 a.m. – Where To and Why? Factors Influencing Deployment and Itinerary Strategies – A look at emerging trends, themes and innovations in deployment and itinerary strategies.
- 9:30 – 11:00 a.m. – Trends and Challenges in Marketing, Sales & Distribution – With so many lines switching creative/media/digital agencies, the panel will compare and contrast some of the new branding/advertising campaigns and trends in media allocation.
Discounted pricing is available until 31 January 2016 through Early Bird Attendee Registration. Attendees are able to customize their conference and trade show experience by choosing from the below packages that best suit their business needs:
- VIP All Access Pass - $1,699
- Full Conference: Individual - $1,199
- Full Conference: Group - $899 - $1099
- Show Floor Only - $105
All prospective exhibitors interested in becoming a part of Seatrade Cruise Global can subscribe to a regular newsletter covering the latest news delivered to their inbox.
Press registration is open to journalists intending to report on the convention's exhibition and conference sessions. Journalists are asked to fill out the registration form and convention organizers will issue a complimentary pass once their credentials have been verified and approved.
About Seatrade Cruise Global
Seatrade Cruise Global 2016 is 14-17 March 2016 at the Fort Lauderdale Broward County Convention Center. Formerly Cruise Shipping Miami, Seatrade Cruise Global is the leading annual global business-to-business event for the cruise industry. Bringing together buyers and suppliers for a four-day conference and three-day exhibition, the gathering draws more than 11,000 registered attendees, over 800 exhibiting companies from 93 countries and more than 300 international journalists to become cruise industry's epicenter of ideas, products and services. A who's who of the industry participate in a comprehensive panel of discussions featuring experts, leaders and thought-makers including the State of the Global Cruise Industry with the chief executives of the world's largest cruise companies. Call 212-600-3260 or visit http://www.seatradecruiseglobal.com for more information.
SOURCE Seatrade Cruise Global