NEW YORK, Nov. 22, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Seatrade Cruise Global, the leading annual global business-to-business event for the cruise industry, is scheduled for 13-16 March 2017 at the Greater Fort Lauderdale Broward County Convention Center. Cruise lines continue to collaborate with the top shipyards around the world to develop and build vessels satisfying a diverse demand. As the entire cruise community converges at the conference, a hot topic will be the many new builds debuting in 2017. Leading global shipyards including Fincantieri, Meyer Werft, Meyer Turku and STX France will be in attendance.
"New ships are the life blood of the cruise industry and so many vessels on the horizon in 2017 promise to bring an exciting energy to the upcoming Seatrade Cruise Global," shares Seatrade Cruise Global Portfolio Director Robyn Duda. "With so many ship announcements and news of anticipated orders in the pipeline, I look forward to welcoming the many cruise lines, shipyards and members of the industry involved in new construction to the upcoming conference."
Below are some of the notable new builds for 2017:
- American Constellation – The 170-passenger American Constellation is American Cruise Lines' latest coastal cruiser. The maiden voyage is set for May 6, 2017.
- Flying Clipper – The new-build from Star Clippers is a five-masted, square-rigged vessel that will feature three pools, including one that funnels sunlight through the ship's atrium into the dining room below and a glass-sided dive-training pool, a watersports platform, an atrium restaurant with open-seating dining and a variety of cabin upgrades.
- Majestic Princess – Princess Cruises is building a third ship in its Royal Class to debut in Summer 2017. Majestic Princess will be based in China year-round and will include features catered to the Chinese market.
- MSC Seaside – Sailing year-round from Miami and heralding a new class of MSC ship, the MSC Seaside will have a promenade with shops, restaurants and bars. The ship will be 1,060 feet long and 135 feet wide, and have more than 468,000 square feet of public areas, including a theater, a terraced balcony and panoramic lifts with sea views.
- Norwegian Joy – The second ship in Norwegian Cruise Line's Breakaway-Plus Class will be 163,000 tons and carry 4,200 passengers. Norwegian Joy will be custom-built for the Chinese market, and it will be deployed full time to Asia, catering to Chinese passengers.
- National Geographic Quest – Lindblad Expeditions will welcome the new ship in June 2017 when it is scheduled to sail Alaska and the Pacific Northwest before relocating to Coast Rica and Panama, then to Belize and Guatemala in early 2018. About a third larger than existing Lindblad ships with an additional fourth deck, the 100-passenger coastal vessel will have 50 cabins, 22 of which will have balconies.
- Silver Muse – The 40,000-ton ship will be the largest ship in the Silversea fleet and the first vessel in the new three-ship class. The intimate 596-passenger ship is a step toward "ultra-luxury ocean cruising" and will feature all-suite accommodations and a supper club-style specialty restaurant.
- Viking Sun – As the fourth of six ships in the Viking Ocean Cruises fleet, this ship will include several of the company's popular riverboat features such as the Aquavit Terrace, an alfresco dining venue, and plenty of outdoor space on the sundeck and beyond.
Seatrade Cruise Global recently announced the 2017 Conference program details which will offer attendees a comprehensive roster of panel discussions and workshops featuring experts, leaders and thought-makers. Discounted pricing is available until 30 November 2016 through Early Bird Attendee Registration.
Press registration is open to journalists intending to report on the convention's exhibition and conference sessions. Journalists are asked to fill out the registration form and convention organizers will issue a complimentary pass once their credentials have been verified and approved.
About Seatrade Cruise Global
Seatrade Cruise Global 2017 is taking place 13-16 March 2017 at the Fort Lauderdale Broward County Convention Center. The exhibition is the leading annual global business-to-business event for the cruise industry. Bringing together buyers and suppliers for a four-day conference and three-day exhibition, the gathering draws more than 10,000 registered attendees, over 700 exhibiting companies from 93 countries and more than 300 international journalists to become the cruise industry's epicenter of ideas, products and services. A who's who of the industry participate in a comprehensive panel of discussions featuring experts, leaders and thought-makers including the State of the Global Cruise Industry Keynote with the chief executives of the world's largest cruise companies. Call +1-212-600-3260 or visit http://www.seatradecruiseglobal.com for more information.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/seatrade-cruise-global-2017-highlights-class-of-2017-notable-new-builds-300367483.html
SOURCE Seatrade Cruise Global