Securing Our eCity Foundation Hosts CyberFest2013 A symposium focused on "The Truth About Cybersecurity"
SAN DIEGO, Sept. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Securing Our eCity Foundation (SOeC), an award-winning San Diego non-profit focused on cybersecurity awareness and education, today announced their fall symposium, CyberFest2013. The day-long event takes place on Thursday, October 10, 2013 at the new Stone Brewing World Bistro and Gardens at Liberty Station and is open to anyone wanting to learn the truth about cybersecurity. Partnering with ESET North America, Bridgepoint Education, San Diego Gas & Electric, American Internet Services, Diseno Communications, California Coast Credit Union, CyberFlow Analytics and the San Diego Business Journal, presentations will delve into practical application of leading practices in cybersecurity for small and medium businesses.
Thanks to the engaged sponsors, Securing Our eCity Foundation has arranged for a limited number of city/county and active duty military registrations to be complimentary. Interested parties should send email to email@example.com. Standard fees for the event are $50 per person, which includes conference materials, breakfast, lunch and brews & bites networking reception with fellow cyber-techs.
Program Chair, Richard McElroy, Bridgepoint Education, shared, "Our confirmed speakers include people that have been at the 'tip of the spear' defending our nation and organizations in the world of cyber. We believe everyone attending SOeC CyberFest2013 will leave with meaningful information as well as a better understanding of just how important these leading practices are when it comes to protecting their business."
"The Truth About Cybersecurity," program includes industry pundits:
- Keynote, Dr. Roger Schell from University of Southern California and author of the Department of Defense Orange Book
- Practical Approaches to Cybersecurity, presented by Rob Dubois, former Navy Seal now independent cybersecurity specialist, Seal of Peace
- Panel discussion moderated by Mike Davis of SPAWAR on Fixing the Key Problems First. What Really Matters? with panelists Stephen Cobb of ESET North America and Marc Clark of AIS.
- Minimizing Business Security Risks – Cyber Liability, presented by Jack Landers of Teague Insurance and Justine Phillips of Sheppard Mullin
- I've been breached! Now What?, presented by Kurt Neumann of Packetsled
- Practical approaches to mobile security, presented by Drew Porter of Bishop Fox
- Open source intelligence and social engineering, presented by Shane MacDougall of Intuit
- Open discussion on Cybersecurity — past, present, future with Andrew Lee of ESET North America and Glenn Kowack, founder of EUNet and RiverOnce.
For more information about the event or to register, visit www.securingourecity.org/cyberfest2013
About Securing Our eCity Foundation
Securing Our eCity Foundation (SOeC) is a 501 (c)3 non-profit organization focused on cybersecurity awareness and education. Our mission is to enable every San Diegan to live, work and play safely in the cyber world.
The Foundation, formed in late 2011, is based on an initiative started in mid-2008 by ESET North America, an internet security company. Supported through generous donations from organizations like ESET North America and San Diego Gas & Electric, SOeC helps facilitate a safer cyber experience for digital citizens in the greater San Diego area.
For more information, visit www.securingourecity.org or call + 1.619.630.2444
SOURCE Securing Our eCity Foundation