CHICAGO, Jan. 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Segal McCambridge Singer & Mahoney, Ltd. is pleased to announce the addition of four new shareholders and two equity shareholders to its partnership. The 2014 elections represent the law firm's expansive general civil and toxic tort litigation offerings.
"The addition of four new shareholders and two equity shareholders is truly a noteworthy development for the firm and the clients we serve," Kathleen McDonough, managing shareholder of Segal McCambridge, said. "Given the uniquely positive qualities in these attorneys, each will continue to contribute to the successes of the firm for years to come. I am especially proud of the fact that this year, we have elevated three women to shareholder status. Diversity is particularly important to Segal McCambridge, and these elections are evidence of our purposeful inclusion efforts over the span of many years."
Segal McCambridge has elected the following attorneys to equity shareholder status:
- Scott W. Henry (Chicago, IL) defends companies involved in product and premises liability litigation around the country. As national coordinating counsel, Mr. Henry manages toxic tort, environmental, and multi-district class action cases. He also counsels companies in complex municipal laws and ordinance compliance. He is licensed to practice in Illinois and Wisconsin.
- Gregory M. McMahon (Chicago, IL) serves as local trial counsel and national coordinating counsel in matters involving products liability, commercial, employment, insurance, and transportation litigation. His clients range from multi-billion dollar companies to family-owned businesses and include utilities, product manufacturers, equipment manufacturers, distributors, contractors and premises owners. He is licensed to practice in Illinois.
Segal McCambridge has elected the following attorneys to shareholder status:
- Madina Axelrod (New York, NY) concentrates her practice on product liability, toxic tort and commercial litigation. She has particular experience and a record of success defending equipment manufacturers in commercial and toxic tort actions. Ms. Axelrod is licensed to practice in New York.
- Kevin M. Bugos (Chicago, IL) defends clients in medical malpractice matters, professional liability claims, and employment litigation and has successfully tried to verdict numerous cases involving catastrophic injury. He is licensed to practice in Illinois.
- Susan E. Smith (Baltimore, MD) represents hospitality, commercial real estate, retail, and housing industry clients facing claims involving Legionnaires' disease, chemical burns and chemical inhalation, carbon monoxide poisoning, lead paint poisoning, and exposure to mold, formaldehyde, and other substances. She also defends individuals and corporate entities in lawsuits arising from automobile accidents, slip-and-fall accidents, defective product claims, and other general liability matters. Ms. Smith is licensed to practice in Maryland, Washington, D.C., and Pennsylvania.
- Nancy S. Woodworth (Chicago, IL) concentrates her practice on complex mass tort litigation involving products, premises, and contractor liability claims. As local asbestos litigation counsel for several companies, Ms. Woodworth actively litigates toxic tort cases throughout the Midwest. She is licensed to practice in Indiana, Illinois, and Missouri.
About Segal McCambridge Singer & Mahoney, Ltd.
Segal McCambridge Singer & Mahoney is a litigation firm providing legal services to clients involved in complex product liability, toxic tort, commercial, employment and labor law, insurance, construction, environmental, professional liability, transportation, and warranty matters. Founded in 1986 as a four-lawyer shop in Chicago, today Segal McCambridge is a national law firm with more than 150 attorneys and additional offices in Austin, Baltimore, Detroit, Jersey City, New York City, and Philadelphia. Visit www.smsm.com to learn more.
SOURCE Segal McCambridge Singer & Mahoney, Ltd.