Select Medical Holdings Corporation Announces Business Outlook for 2014
MECHANICSBURG, Pa., Jan. 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Select Medical Holdings Corporation ("Select Medical") (NYSE: SEM), today announced its business outlook for calendar year 2014.
Select Medical expects consolidated net operating revenues for the full year 2014 to be in the range of $3.05 billion to $3.15 billion. Select Medical expects net income before interest, income taxes, depreciation and amortization, stock compensation expense, other income/(expense), and equity in earnings/(losses), or Adjusted EBITDA for the full year 2014 to be in the range of $365 million to $385 million. Select Medical expects fully diluted income per common share for the full year 2014 to be in the range of $0.84 to $0.93.
Select Medical is a leading operator of specialty hospitals and outpatient rehabilitation clinics in the United States. As of September 30, 2013, Select Medical operated 108 long term acute care hospitals and 15 acute medical rehabilitation hospitals in 28 states and 997 outpatient rehabilitation clinics in 32 states and the District of Columbia. Select Medical also provides medical rehabilitation services on a contracted basis to nursing homes, hospitals, assisted living and senior care centers, schools and work sites. Information about Select Medical is available at www.selectmedical.com.
Certain statements contained herein that are not descriptions of historical facts are "forward-looking" statements (as such term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995). Because such statements include risks and uncertainties, actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements due to factors including the following:
- changes in government reimbursement for our services due to the implementation of health reform legislation, deficit reduction measures, and/or new payment policies may result in a reduction in net operating revenues, an increase in costs and a reduction in profitability;
- the failure of our specialty hospitals to maintain their Medicare certifications may cause our net operating revenues and profitability to decline;
- the failure of our facilities operated as "hospitals within hospitals" to qualify as hospitals separate from their host hospitals may cause our net operating revenues and profitability to decline;
- a government investigation or assertion that we have violated applicable regulations may result in sanctions or reputational harm and increased costs;
- acquisitions or joint ventures may prove difficult or unsuccessful, use significant resources or expose us to unforeseen liabilities;
- private third-party payors for our services may undertake future cost containment initiatives that limit our future net operating revenues and profitability;
- the failure to maintain established relationships with the physicians in the areas we serve could reduce our net operating revenues and profitability;
- shortages in qualified nurses or therapists could increase our operating costs significantly;
- competition may limit our ability to grow and result in a decrease in our net operating revenues and profitability;
- the loss of key members of our management team could significantly disrupt our operations;
- the effect of claims asserted against us could subject us to substantial uninsured liabilities; and
- other factors discussed from time to time in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC"), including factors under the heading "Risk Factors" for the year ended December 31, 2012 contained in our annual report on Form 10-K filed with the SEC on February 26, 2013 and our quarterly report on Form 10-Q for the three months ended March 31, 2013, filed with the SEC on May 2, 2013.
Except as required by applicable law, including the securities laws of the United States and the rules and regulations of the SEC, we are under no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of any new information, future events or otherwise. You should not place undue reliance on our forward-looking statements. Although we believe that the expectations reflected in forward-looking statements are reasonable, we cannot guarantee future results or performance.
Joel T. Veit
Senior Vice President and Treasurer
SOURCE Select Medical Holdings Corporation
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.