NEW YORK, Oct. 4, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The 6th edition of the 'Self Build Housing Market Report – UK 2016-2020 Analysis' focuses on the structure, size and performance of the self build market in terms of volume completions and value, together with forecasts for the sector through to 2020-21. The report also provides a review of the key market influences and the main challenges facing the self build market at present.
Key sections covered:
• Self/custom build housing market - market size by volume and value, historical and recent trends, sector shares, regional variations etc.
• Build options - timber frame, traditional brick & block and cost structures review.
• Supply structure - key players, kit suppliers etc.
• Product distribution - channel shares, review of; builders merchants, electrical wholesalers, specialist retailers, direct sell, internet, DIY and self build specialists.
• Forecasts - alternative growth scenarios and influence of recent government initiatives to encourage self build into the medium term.
Key areas of insight include:
• Review of the self/custom build market over 2014-15 including market volumes, trends, overall market value, public & private sector involvement in self build, regional trends and variations, etc.
• Analysis of factors underpinning and limiting market growth - land availability, access to finance, recent planning and housing policy changes, and financial incentives to promote self build.
• Overview of self build costs in relation to land, labour, materials, plant hire, etc.
• Market prospects for 2016-17 and longer term trends up to 2020 with self build market completions with scenarios based on alternative views - current government housing targets and average growth predictions – realistic targets?
• Key suppliers – timber frame, distribution etc.
THE SELF BUILD HOUSING MARKET
• Overview of overall UK housebuilding market – starts and completions 2010-15 and forecasts to 2020, role of public and private sectors, regional housebuilding, materials mix and role played by self build sector.
• Review of the self / custom build housing sector - current estimates of market size, definitions, factors influencing definition, construction routes, role played by the public & private sectors, etc.
• Market size in value and volume terms 2010-15 and forecasts through to 2020 – based on government targets and alternative forecasts scenarios.
• Underlying influencing factors in recent years – key positive and negative influencing factors including availability and price of land, access to finance, etc.
• Government policies – rise of self build up the political agenda – funding support, planning system changes, land allocation by councils, recent changes in 2015 etc.
• Current situation – factors and challenges influencing the market in 2014-15, prospects for 2016 and outlook into the medium-term including planning issues, availability of land, community infrastructure levy, etc.
• Geographical variations in the UK self build market – proportion of self build completions for each region of the UK, regional self build costs.
• Self build costs – analysis of cost areas including, land, labour, materials, plant hire, miscellaneous costs, etc as well as review of elements of self build projects such as foundations, heating, electrics, etc.
SPECIFICATION / PURCHASING
• Motivations and influences – Key Issues affecting motivation to self-build, processes and specifications, land availability, housing market performance.
• Self-build project – Overall value/share mix by key elements – land, materials, labour, services etc., volume of timber frame in self build, generic characteristics of a self-build project, key financing sources etc.
• Key specification issues – Key influences in specification.
• Analysis of major distribution channels in self build – builders/plumbers merchants, electrical wholesalers, DIY multiples, specialist, internet, others, etc.
• Key players by channel – shares, sector strengths and weaknesses etc.
• Market prospects in 2016-17 - key drivers for and longer term prospects up to 2020.
• Key growth sectors for self build assessed against government targets for future housebuilding and the role of self build.
• Forecast scenarios to 2020
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03516927-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/self-build-housing-market-report---uk-2016-2020-analysis-300339249.html