Senator Joe Lieberman and Five Senior Military Officers Join the Ranks of JINSA Advisors
WASHINGTON, Jan. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs (JINSA) is proud to announce that former Senator Joseph Lieberman and five recently retired senior military officers have joined JINSA's Board of Advisors.
Senator Lieberman embodied JINSA's mission for almost three decades in the Senate. As a staunch supporter of both U.S.-Israel cooperation and a strong American military, he was honored by JINSA with its Henry M. "Scoop" Jackson Distinguished Service Award in 1997. After 9/11, Senator Lieberman was instrumental in reorganizing the intelligence community and establishing the Department of Homeland Security. America is a safer place because of his bipartisan work and JINSA is honored to have him as an advisor.
JINSA also added five recently retired senior military officers to the Board of Advisors. Their expertise and guidance will help JINSA formulate and advance policy and programmatic initiatives. These new advisors* are:
- General Hal M. Hornburg, USAF (ret.), former Commander, Air Combat Command
- Lieutenant General Tad J. Oelstrom, USAF (ret.), former Superintendent of the United States Air Force Academy
- Lieutenant General Guy Swan, USA (ret.), former commander of United States Army North (Fifth Army)
- Lieutenant General George J. Trautman, USMC (ret.), former Deputy Commandant for Aviation
- Lieutenant General Stephen G. Wood, USAF (ret.), former Deputy Commander, United Nations Command
*last command listed for identification purposes
For comment and further information, please contact James Cetrone at 202-667-3900.
The Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs is an independent, non-profit, non-partisan, non-sectarian educational organization established in 1976 to educate the public on national and international security issues, including the importance of an effective U.S. defense capability and the key role of strategic allies, including Israel, to promote democratic values in the Middle East.
SOURCE Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs (JINSA)
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.