GREENVILLE, S.C., Feb. 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Senior Care Corner®, an online resource for family caregivers of older adults at SeniorCareCorner.com, announced it will cease publication and seek a sale or financial infusion through major sponsorship or investment.
"We've spent ten years raising Senior Care Corner, making the site a senior itself in internet years," says Barry Birkett, one of the co-founders, "but we want to see it grow beyond where we can take it on our own. There are millions of family caregivers supporting older loved ones today, with many more needed as the senior population continues to grow."
The site, which was born out of a lack of resources the founders encountered when thrust into the role of caregivers for older loved ones, is visited by thousands every month. There they find articles, podcasts (internet radio shows), and videos covering a broad range of topics and practical insights. These are some of the most popular topics.
- Providing an understanding of what seniors are experiencing as they age, helping caregivers relate to and comprehend their needs (walk a mile in their shoes, at least through the written word).
- Health issues of seniors, especially Alzheimer's disease and other dementias as well as other diagnoses that primarily affect older adults.
- Technology, both that available today and expected in the future, that can improve the quality of seniors' lives and make the work of family caregivers more effective. The Senior Care Corner team has covered innovation in technology at CES® for the last several years.
- Caring for the family caregiver, a previously overlooked subject but essential to the most effective family caregiving.
- Interviews with a number of topic experts and solution developers, who pass along firsthand knowledge to the Senior Care Corner audience.
Seeking to Help More Family Caregivers
As the senior population grows, and with it the need for family caregivers, Senior Care Corner's founders want the site to continue to meet those caregivers' needs.
"Senior Care Corner has been a very demanding labor of love for us, not unlike serving as a family caregiver to a loved one," according to Kathy Birkett, the other co-founder. "The need for trusted information for caregivers is growing beyond what we can provide with the resources we have."
According to the website (http://seniorcarecorner.com/senior-care-corner-for-sale), Senior Care Corner will consider offers for the site itself, including the trademarked name and logo, along with the existing content. Also considered will be proposals for direct investment or site sponsorship from brands and entities with products, services, and reputations consistent with the direction of Senior Care Corner and the needs of its audience.
Those seeking more information should contact Barry Birkett by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Care Corner® and its street sign logo are registered trademarks of Knowledge Connection LLC. CES® is a registered trademark of the Consumer Technology Association™.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/senior-care-corner-the-family-caregiver-resource-to-cease-publication-and-seek-sale-or-major-sponsorship-300407745.html
SOURCE Senior Care Corner