Seniors Benefit from Chiropractic Care
BLOOMINGTON, Minn., Oct. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- In recognition of October as Chiropractic Awareness Month, the Minnesota Chiropractic Association (MCA) is spotlighting the benefits of chiropractic care for the elderly. Millions of maturing individuals enjoy engaged and active lifestyles as a result of their commitment to overall health and wellness and incorporating chiropractic care into their health care regime.
"Seniors who utilize chiropractic care experience fewer symptomatic chronic conditions, less days in hospitals and nursing homes and more mobility than elderly non-chiropractic patients" explained, Dr. Christian Kollar , president of the MCA.
Chiropractors emphasis exercise as essential to maintaining mobility and functionality Kollar stated. When you include proper nutrition, you gain all the ingredients for a naturally healthy lifestyle.
Daily Anti-Aging Check List:
- Make sure to keep your body moving every day, even if it's just walking at the mall, up and down stairs at work or taking a stroll around the block. Exercise is key to living a long and healthy life.
- Hydration is important for cellular functioning, so make sure you drink liquids regularly throughout the day.
- The nutrients in plant-based foods are essential for health and wellness. Eat plenty of vegetables and low-sugar fruits every day.
- Incorporate a diet that is rich in fiber which can help slow the aging process.
- Don't under estimate the fun factor. Take time to have fun with your friend and loved ones. Social support and positive experiences have been seen in studies to be beneficial to health.
- Rest is necessary for your body to run optimally.
The MCA encourages seniors to see a chiropractor regularly. Chiropractic adjustments can correct spinal and extremity misalignments in addition to reducing nerve irritation, improving circulation and release muscle tension, which all help the body return to a balanced, relaxed state. Chiropractic care can also have a positive impact on your health by aiding in preventing a variety of health problems in the future.
Doctors of chiropractic have the expertise to help your body function its best during every stage life. Go to www.mnchiro.com and click on the "Find A Doctor" tab to locate an MCA member chiropractor near you.
About Minnesota Chiropractic Association
Created in 1927, the Minnesota Chiropractic Association is the only professional organization in Minnesota that solely represents the chiropractic professional on a multi-level and integrated service basis.
SOURCE Minnesota Chiropractic Association
More by this Source
Dr. Carrie Clark receives Educator of the Year Award
May 20, 2013, 06:00 ET
Doctor of Chiropractic Honored for 25 Years of Service and Commitment to Public Health
May 18, 2013, 06:00 ET
Young Chiropractors Honored for Service And Commitment to Public Health
May 17, 2013, 06:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.