Seniors With Medicare Advantage Should Check Options and Coverage New Disenrollment Period Runs Jan 1 - Feb 14
SHELTON, Conn., Jan. 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Health Plan One urges seniors with Part C Medicare Advantage plans to review their options during the Medicare Advantage Disenrollment Period, part of the Affordable Care Act of 2010. This is the only time period where members can drop their plans, return to original Medicare and pick up a standalone Prescription Drug Plan. The Annual Enrollment period for 2011 ended December 31. The Open Enrollment period has been replaced by the Medicare Advantage Disenrollment Period, which ends February 14.
If you have a Medicare Advantage Plan, during the Medicare Advantage Disenrollment Period you have these options:
- Make no changes and stay with your current plan.
- Disenroll from your Medicare Advantage Plan and return to original Medicare Parts A and B. If you need Prescription Drug coverage you can then enroll in a Part D Prescription Drug Plan.
- Those who are leaving their Medicare Advantage plan could choose to apply for a Medicare supplement policy providing they qualify under the terms of the policy they wish to purchase. Seniors can enroll in a Medicare supplement policy at any time throughout the year.
- Members who have a separate Prescription Drug Plan, but are not enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan may not make any change to their current Prescription Drug Plan and may not enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan.
If you don't have a Medicare Advantage Plan:
- Medicare recipients not enrolled in any Part C Medicare Advantage plan are not allowed to make changes in their Medicare coverage, unless they choose to purchase a Medicare supplement plan. These can cover most gaps in expensive coverage. Some of these plans, offered by private insurance companies, may have plans that offer no underwriting.
ABOUT Health Plan One, LLC
Founded in 2005, Health Plan One holds licenses in all 50 states and is appointed with all major national and most regional carriers.
Seniors needing help with their Medicare coverage may find a more affordable option by using MedicareSolutions.com or by speaking with our knowledgeable licensed agents. Medicare experts are available Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, to answer questions and to assist users. (800) 328-7305
Contact: Karin Holmgren (203) 402-2503 firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Health Plan One, LLC