DUBLIN, August 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Sensors and Embedded Systems in the Internet of Things (IoT): Market Analysis and Forecasts 2016 - 2021" report to their offering.
Sensors and Embedded Systems work together to provide one of the most important aspects of the Internet of Things (IoT): Detecting changes in an object (device or asset) and/or the environment, allowing for capture of relevant data for real-time and/or post-processing. Sensors are used for detection of changes in the physical and/or logical relationship of one object to another(s) and/or the environment.
Physical changes may include temperature, light, pressure, sound, and motion. Logical changes include the presence/absence of an electronically traceable entity, location, and/or activity. Within an IoT context, physical and logical changes are equally important.
Important sensor types in an Industrial IoT (IIoT) context include:
- Ambient Light/Optical
IoT demands a different set of microprocessors, drivers, peripherals, batteries and operating systems than conventional Embedded System used in general purpose computing systems. Conventional Embedded Systems are not competent to deliver what the IoT is expecting from an embedded device networked in IoT and it brings great challenges to develop or transform contemporary embedded system into an IoT enabled smart embedded system.
Microelectromechanical Systems (MEMS) will evolve significantly as IoT itself evolves. As IoT becomes ubiquitous, and as electronics miniaturization marches onward, Nanoelectromechanical systems (NEMS) will eventually become prevalent, ushering into existence an entirely new universe of connectivity, systems integration, and data ecosystem.
This research assesses the overall sensor marketplace for IoT, evaluates leading vendors, identifies key IoT functionality in support of sensors, and forecasts the market for sensor adoption and revenue. This report also provides analysis of the products that will be developed to support IoT, changes in traditional RTOS required to match performance with IoT, changes in hardware required to match needs of IoT, types of peripherals, and emerging tools to support processing of embedded systems in IoT.
- There will be significant increase in COTS as seamless and efficient go-to-market execution is a key need for IoT
- APAC represents a fast growing region that is anticipated to generate $26 billion with a CAGR of 14.9% in the year 2021
- The majority of embedded systems will be in building automation, healthcare, automobile, Oil and Gas and Utility industries
- Use of IoT and embedded system will be high in EMEA due to positive response to Industrial IoT and growth of embedded systems in electrical grids, automobile and healthcare.
- The markets in EMEA through 2021 will reach to $112 billion with a CAGR of 19%
- MEMS suppliers
- Sensor companies
- Internet of Things companies
- Wireless device manufacturers
- Computer and semiconductor companies
- Embedded hardware, software and OS providers
- Mobile/wireless network operators and service providers
Key Topics Covered:
Sensors and Intelligent End-point Devices in IoT: Market Analysis and Forecast 2016 - 2021
2 Executive Summary
4 Sensor Technology and Developments
5 Sensors and Intelligent Endpoint Outlook and Forecasts
6 Future of Sensors in IoT
7 Companies and Solutions
Embedded Internet of Things (IoT) Ecosystem: Next Gen Embedded System Hardware, Software, Tools, and Operating Systems 2016 - 2021
2 Executive Summary
4 Embedded System Technology and Developments
5 Global Market for Embedded Systems in IoT 2016 - 2021
6 Embedded Systems in IoT Industry Analysis
7 Embedded Systems in IoT Vendor Landscape
- 365 Agile Limited (365 Agile Group Plc)
- ARM Holdings
- Ambiq Micro
- B+B SmartWorx
- Bosch Connected Devices and Solutions GmbH (BCDS)
- Cisco System Inc.
- Digi International
- Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA)
- Echelon Corporation
- Fairchild Semiconductors International
- GE Software
- Intel Corporation
- LeddarTech Inc.
- Lynx Software Technologies, Inc.
- MediaTek Inc.
- Microchip Technology Inc.
- Micron Technology Inc.
- NYCE Sensors Inc.
- Nanjing IoT Sensor Technology Co., Ltd.
- Nest Labs.
- Object Management Group (OMG)
- Open Sensors Ltd.
- Oregan Networks Ltd.
- Other Platforms/ Alliances / Peripherals
- Qualcomm Atheros Inc.
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- Samsung Developers
- Sensata Technologies
- Seraphim Sense Ltd.
- Silicon Laboratories, Inc.
- Texas Instruments
- Texas Instruments Inc.
- VxWorks 7 for IoT
- Wind River
- Wovyn LLC.
- ZigBee Alliance
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8f5kp8/sensors_and
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sensors-and-embedded-systems-in-the-internet-of-things-iot-2016-2021-market-analysis-and-forecasts--for-the-16-trillion-business---research-and-markets-300319924.html
SOURCE Research and Markets