SEPHORA Announces The 2013-2014 PRO Artists!
SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- SEPHORA is proud to announce the new SEPHORA PROs, a team of 17 elite beauty experts that will travel the Americas throughout 2013 and 2014, showcasing the highest level of beauty artistry on behalf of the brand. Selected from a nationwide search that included hundreds of SEPHORA sales associates from the U.S. and Canada, these lucky few have shown the talent, creativity, and drive to rise above the rest and earn their spot at the top.
After weeks of makeup demonstrations and challenging interviews, this biennial competition concluded with the SEPHORA PRO Finals in Las Vegas, NV on August 29, 2012. The judging panel was a mix of elite beauty insiders, including:
- Dany Sanz, founder of MAKE UP FOR EVER
- Ricky Wilson, Dior celebrity makeup artist
- Eva Chen, former beauty director of Teen Vogue
- Julia Cyboran, editor-in-chief of LOULOU magazine
- Lina Kutsovskaya, Vice President, Executive Creative Director, SEPHORA
- Sarah Lucero, Global Director of Creative Artistry for Stila
"The level of expertise this year allowed for an exciting and elevated competition," said Melanie McGuire, Vice President of Education at SEPHORA. "Throughout this intensive judging process, our contestants continued to surprise us with their artistry skills and we are thrilled to announce one of the most talented roundup of PRO artists we have seen to date."
While in previous years the competition has been tough, in 2012 the challenge took on a new level of intensity. The top 32 contestants created editorial, everyday, and runway looks and were judged on creativity, concept, innovation and style. This professional posse includes three permanent PRO Leads, seven veterans from previous years, and seven stellar new stars. From in-store, industry, and celebrity events to fashion shows across the country, SEPHORA PRO will represent SEPHORA nationally while also serving as local beauty experts in their hometown markets.
MEET THE PRO LEADS…
- Gilbert Soliz, New York
- Sara Biria, New York
- Erik Soto, Los Angeles
THE RETURNING MEMBERS…
- Annie Mercer, SEPHORA Southpoint (Durham, NC)
- Jennie Carranza, SEPHORA La Cantera (San Antonio, TX)
- Julie Tang, SEPHORA Fashion Valley (San Diego, CA)
- Sheranda Curtis, SEPHORA Tysons Corner (McLean, VA)
- Helen Philips, SEPHORA Fashion Square (Los Angeles)
- Ilde Goncalves, SEPHORA South Beach (Miami, FL)
- Julianna Sanchez, SEPHORA Bakersfield (Bakersfield, CA)
AND THE FRESH FACES…
- Alexandra Linardi, SEPHORA Americana (Glendale, CA)
- Alyx Bisler, SEPHORA Downtown Seattle (Seattle, WA)
- David Thibodeau, SEPHORA Portland (Portland, OR)
- Hector Espinal, SEPHORA Meatpacking (New York, NY)
- Louise Swinden Payne, SEPHORA Powell (San Francisco)
- Myiesha Sewell, SEPHORA Los Cerritos (Cerritos, CA)
- Stephanie Smith , SEPHORA Scottsdale (Scottsdale, AZ)
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.