SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 4 /PRNewswire/ -- A pioneer in mobile shopping, Sephora North America today announced the new SephoraMobile shopping experience – the ultimate "Beauty to Go" shopping tool. With a full "tool kit" of features that far surpasses anything else available in the beauty sector today, SephoraMobile offers the most inspiring, easy and innovative shopping experience for beauty lovers by redefining the experience of shopping in Sephora stores and on-the-go. In addition, the new mobile site includes special features designed to take the Sephora Beauty Insider experience to a new level of personalization and fun. Just visit www.sephora.com from your smartphone.
"We recognized early on that our clients are increasingly accessing our site from their smartphones, and set out to provide them with a seamless experience no matter how they shop with us," said Julie Bornstein, Senior Vice President of Sephora Direct. "Leveraging technology never before used in the beauty sector, the new SephoraMobile gives our clients one central point of connection with Sephora, offering not only extensive information about all of our products but also providing personalized recommendations and access to their own beauty purchasing history to make shopping at Sephora more exciting and convenient than ever before."
SephoraMobile Tool Kit -- See any Sephora product, anytime, anywhere…and more:
Sephora.com has long been the leading beauty site on the web and SephoraMobile is now a fully functional extension to what is offered online. The new mobile site gives Sephora clients the ultimate shopping tool kit, with exceptional new features and extra perks for the large and growing base of Beauty Insiders, Sephora's highly popular loyalty program.
- Quick and Easy Purchasing: Charge it! From your phone! And if you're a Sephora Beauty Insider, your account information will be there. Hassle-free shopping at its best.
- Ratings and Reviews: In a Sephora store and want to confirm that what you're about to buy is as fabulous as you think? Access more than 1 Million Ratings and Reviews from other beauty lovers like you! Five stars for that!
- Past Purchase History: You can't escape your past, and who'd want to? With more than 13,000 products to choose from, never again forget the shade you loved or that cool product you sampled in days of Sephora shopping past… to make future shopping easier than ever.
- Your Shopping List: Through SephoraMobile, clients can create their own shopping list before coming to a store, to make their shopping experience more convenient. Know before you go!
- New Products as they Hit the Shelves: Come here often? If you do, we will show you what is new for you! That smartphone of yours is smarter than it looks!
- Beauty Insider Rewards & Personal Recommendations: Want the inside scoop? Sephora Beauty Insiders get up-to-the-minute info on their reward status and great products chosen just for them by Sephora's experts, based on their personal beauty profile. Smile, ladies.
- Facebook Like, Right from Your Phone: Facebook is not just for your pretty face! Post a question on Sephora's Facebook page for Sephora's experts and your fellow aficionados to answer and use Facebook Like to show what you think is great and cool…a feature rarely available on mobile.
- GPS Me to the Closest Store: Your GPS gets put to work, by showing you the closest Sephora store, wherever you are.
- Sephora Store Events: Sephora knows how to throw a great party. And you're invited. Learn about Sephora events, just by looking at your smartphone. It'll tell you how to get there too.
These are just examples of the many features that are accessible on SephoraMobile: create or access a gift registry, easy search, shop-by-brand, give feedback … You know where to look: www.sephora.com, on your smartphone.
Beauty-to-Go: The App from Sephora!
While SephoraMobile is accessible from all smartphones, all of the unique functions of SephoraMobile will also be available on the soon-to-be-launched Sephora Beauty-to-Go application for the iPhone, iTouch and iPad, which will also have additional ways to make shopping at Sephora even more beauty-full. New features will include the ability to scan a product (using all types of technology, including QR codes), watch video content and more.
About Sephora: Launched in the U.S. in 1998, Sephora North America today operates more than 270 stores in the U.S. and Canada, and the world's top beauty website, Sephora.com. Sephora is well known for its unique retail concept, which is rooted in its distinctive store design, the beauty expertise of its sales consultants and, most importantly, its unparalleled combination of over 200 classic and emerging brands across a broad range of product categories including skincare, color, fragrance, bath & body, smilecare, and haircare, as well as Sephora's own private label. In addition to its North American business and its initiative with JCPenney, which includes more than 190 Sephora inside JCPenney locations, Sephora today has more than 800 stores within 14 countries in Europe and 30 locations in China. Sephora was founded in France in 1969 and acquired in 1997 by Paris-based LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton, the world's leading luxury products group.
NOTE TO EDITORS: Screen shots are available upon request.