September is Menopause Awareness Month: Dual Surveys Reveal Top Concerns for Menopausal Skin on Women Over 50, Including Dry Skin and Wrinkles
VICHY LABORATOIRES ADDRESS THE MOST COMMON SKIN EFFECTS OF MENOPAUSE INCLUDING DRYNESS AND WRINKLES WITH NEOVADIOL GF COLLECTION.
NEW YORK, Sept. 1 /PRNewswire/ -- According to The Effects of Menopause on the Skin, a survey sponsored by Vichy Laboratoires, a division of L'Oreal Active Cosmetics, the vast majority of women over 50 reported experiencing notable changes in the condition of their skin during menopause. In fact, 53 percent reported that the most common issue they faced after entering menopause was dry skin, followed closely by an increase in wrinkles and a sagging neck.(1)
The results of this consumer survey are further supported by additional research conducted by Vichy Laboratoires. According to a survey of 625 dermatologists at the American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting 2010, the number one skin concern reported by menopausal patients is dry skin, followed in second by wrinkles.(2)
Hormones play a major role in the effects of menopause on the skin conditions of women. "By the time women hit their late 40's and 50's, as estrogen levels drop off, they often experience a rapid increase in collagen breakdown. In particular, this can manifest as sagging skin of the neck and jawline and is highly bothersome to my patients," says Boston dermatologist Ranella Hirsch. In response to this information, Vichy Laboratoires drew inspiration from 30 years of research on tissue engineering to create the Vichy NEOVADIOL GF collection, which specifically addresses the needs of women experiencing the effects of hormonal slowdown due to menopause.
Vichy Laboratoires has carefully selected Pro-Xylane™, a new breakthrough densifying molecule to help skin visibly regain density and hydration, and Proteic Gf, a moth bean protein extract, to stimulate the synthesis of growth factors at the dermis and epidermis levels, as key ingredients in NEOVADIOL Gf. This U.S. patented combination has been shown to address sagging skin and the loss of density and moisture. It reconstructs skin tissues to a denser quality in only one month (3), revealing a redefined jaw line, firmer neck and smoother lines.
- NEOVADIOL Gf Day (for normal to combination skin AND also available for dry skin), $48.00, 1.7 oz.: This densifying resculpting care immediately reconstructs the epidermal barrier directly upon contact for softer skin.
- NEOVADIOL Gf Night, $51.00, 1.7 oz.: Enriched with micro-stimulating Phytodoline, derived from the beech bud plant extract, NEOVADIOL Gf Night stimulates tissue drainage and helps reduce impression wrinkles formed while you sleep. (3)
Vichy is the #1 skincare brand in European pharmacies. Vichy Laboratoires is dedicated to advancing skin health through a deep understanding of how skin functions, supported by medical research. Vichy Laboratoires' patented ingredients -- combined with Vichy's mineral-enriched Thermal Spa Water -- deliver an exceptionally high level of efficacy, clinically proven by independent dermatologists. Vichy products are available in Dermatological Skincare Centers, with trained beauty advisors, in top CVS, Longs Drugs, Rite Aid and Duane Reade drugstores and sold online at www.vichyusa.com. To learn more about Dermablend, please contact Niki Evans at Creative Media Marketing at 212.979.8884 or Niki@cmmpr.com
- Survey Methodology: These findings are from a telephone survey conducted among 686 female adults over the age of 50. Interviewing for this survey was completed during the period February 26 – 28, 2010. Opinion Research Corporation of Princeton, NJ, conducted the fieldwork.
- Findings from survey completed by range of dermatologists during the 2010 American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting.
- Based on in vitro results showing an increase in collagen 7 & laminin 5.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.