SANTA CLARA, Calif., Aug. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Flash Memory Summit -- SerialTek, a worldwide provider of analysis tools for the storage industry, today expanded its reach with the announcement of the BusXpert Gen 3 PCI Express™ Analyzer. This is the industry's first PCI Express Analyzer designed and optimized for equipment manufacturers that are developing storage products and solutions using the proven and versatile PCI Express technology. Supporting data rates of 2.5 GT/s, 5.0 GT/s and 8.0 GT/s, this new SerialTek offering brings unparalleled capture, analysis and insight of PCI Express traffic at all layers. It also provides the same ease of use, multiple display views, powerful triggering and attractive price points that have long been hallmarks of SerialTek storage protocol products.
The SerialTek Gen 3 PCI Express analyzer provides key technical and business features and benefits:
- Accurate line rate capture of all data rates including 8 GT/s, 5 GT/s and 2.5 GT/s
- Capture and decode all PCI Express protocol including TLP and DLLP ordered sets
- Planned support for Advanced Host Controller Interface (AHCI), SCSI over PCI Express (SOP), SATA Express and Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) through a simple software/firmware upgrade
- Portable and lightweight dedicated appliance; there is no need to hassle with and waste time swapping blades or modules
- Delivers the industry's deepest capture buffer at 144 GBs of DDR3 memory; 72 GBs upstream and 72 GBs downstream
- Hardware accelerated Gigabit Ethernet connectivity for extremely fast uploads and trace manipulations
- Multiple views including new Specification View which serves as a bridge from analysis to the PCIe protocol specifications
- Flexible configuration options to meet corporate total cost of ownership (TCO) requirements
"PCI Express is an important and fundamental storage technology for the storage equipment ecosystem and we're excited to offer the BusXpert Gen 3 PCI Express to help customers accelerate their design and reduce their QA cycles" said Dale Smith, President of SerialTek. "Our SAS/SATA analyzer and jammer are well respected in the industry for their performance and ease of use. Users can expect our PCI Express to deliver these same key benefits and more."
SerialTek's new BusXpert Gen 3 PCI Express analyzer will be shipping beginning in calendar Q4 2013. For additional product and pricing information or if you would like to request an evaluation unit, please call SerialTek at 1-408-436-8080 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also visit us on the web at www.serialtek.com .