Serve Up Your Team Spirit With Tinted Treats For The Big Game
SPARKS, Md., Jan. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- As a proud Baltimore area company for more than 120 years, McCormick will cheer on its hometown team this Sunday with purple and black tinted treats. And, because McCormick welcomes friendly competition, its Kitchens' experts are offering festive football-themed recipes and a team food color guide – including San Francisco's scarlet and gold hues – to help fans of all ages show their spirit.
To heat up the rivalry, at Pinterest.com/mccormickspices fans can repin recipe images featuring their team's colors, and the team whose colors earn the most repins by kickoff of the big game will be featured on McCormick.com, regardless of the final football score on Sunday.
"You don't have to be in the stands to support your team," said Mary Beth Harrington of the McCormick Kitchens. "No matter whom you're rooting for, making tinted desserts and drinks with McCormick food colors is a fun way to show your spirit at your game day gathering. You can bet my party spread will be painted purple and black!"
Bring the competition off the field and into the kitchen with battling cupcakes in colors from both coasts.
- Baltimore Purple Twist Cupcakes: Rich vanilla cake with purple and black frosting make these hometown-colored treats a touchdown. The only thing sweeter than these treats is a victory!
- San Francisco Gold Rush Cupcakes: For fans who bleed scarlet and gold, give the East Coast a run for their money with these good-as-gold delights.
- Football Game Cookies: No one will fumble these festive treats! Kids will love using the food color guide to decorate cookies in every shape from footballs to jerseys, finishing with frosting in their team's colors.
Team Color Guide
Use these food color recommendations from the McCormick Kitchens to help clinch a victory for your party spread.
Baltimore Purple and Black:
- Purple Cake Mix: Add 35 drops Neon Purple Food Color + 20 drops Neon Blue Food Color to 1 package (15.25 to 18.5 oz.) white cake mix
- Purple Frosting: Add ½ teaspoon Neon Purple Food Color + 25 drops Neon Blue Food Color to 1 can (16 oz.) frosting
- Black Frosting: Add ½ teaspoon Black Food Color to 1 can (16 oz.) white frosting
- Purple Beer: Add 5 drops Neon Purple Food Color + 3 drops Neon Blue Food Color to 12 oz. beer
- Purple Soda: Add 10 drops Neon Purple Food Color + 1 drop Neon Blue Food Color to 12 oz. lemon-lime soda
San Francisco Scarlet and Gold:
- Gold Cake Mix: Add 1 teaspoon Yellow Food Color to 1 package (15.25 oz. to 18.5 oz.) yellow cake mix
- Scarlet Frosting: Add 1 ½ to 2 teaspoons Red Food Color to 1 can (16 oz.) chocolate frosting
- Scarlet Beer: Add 20 drops Red Food Color + 1 drop Blue Food Color to 12 oz. beer
- Scarlet Soda: Add 28 drops Red Food Color + 1 drop Blue Food Color to 12 oz. lemon-lime soda
For more ideas for your game day celebration, visit Facebook.com/McCormickSpice or McCormick.com. Visit Pinterest.com/mccormickspices, to repin recipes in your team's colors! Look for McCormick Food Colors and Extracts in the spice aisle of supermarkets nationwide.
McCormick & Company, Incorporated is a global leader in flavor. With $4 billion in annual sales, the company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick Brings Passion to Flavor™. Visit McCormick.com and Facebook.com/McCormickSpice for more information.
More by this Source
McCormick Announces Top Flavors And Food Trends For 2014 And Beyond
Dec 03, 2013, 15:45 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.