NEW YORK, Nov. 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- In honor of the second annual National Hot Tea Day – to be celebrated on January 12, 2017 – the Tea Council of the USA is launching the IndividualiTEA Photo Sharing Sweepstakes to give tea lovers across the nation an opportunity to win $500 and a year's supply of tea. Entering is easy…simply share a photo, video or short explanation (in 140 characters or less!) with the unique ways, times, or places you like to enjoy your favorite tea – black, green, white or oolong – on Twitter with the hashtag #IndividualiTEA for a chance to win!
An ancient beverage nearly 5,000 years old, tea has become an American favorite, with approximately four in five U.S. consumers drinking tea. Everyone has a unique way of enjoying tea, as well as their own individual preference for tea times and tea types. Whether you enjoy your favorite cup as a morning pick me up at work, to socialize with family and friends, to relax before bed, or on vacation – the Tea Council of the USA encourages you to share your #IndividualiTEA.
Although all true teas come from the same plant, Camellia sinensis, they each have their own unique attributes, including:
- The individual countries and regions where different types of tea are produced (more than 30 countries grow tea!).
- The many types of tea – more 3,000 varieties of tea in the world – and their diverse flavors and characteristics resulting from local geography, climate, elevation and soil.
- The unique tea customs and ceremonies of different cultures.
- The unique health benefits associated with drinking tea. Regular tea consumption has been linked with cardiovascular health, cognitive health, cancer prevention, and weight management, among others.
"The launch of the IndividualiTEA Photo Sharing Sweepstakes is a fun and engaging opportunity for us to learn more about the unique ways, and reasons why, Americans are enjoying tea," says Peter Goggi, president of the Tea Council of the USA. "We are looking forward to seeing how consumers express their individuality through tea drinking and the entries."
IndividualiTEA Photo Sharing Sweepstakes Details
The sweepstakes runs through January 31, 2017. A copy of the official rules can be found here. Enter as many times as you'd like and don't forget to tag and tell your friends! To enter:
- Share a photo, video or explanation of the unique ways, times, and places you like to enjoy your favorite tea on Twitter and at http://bit.ly/2e6EMBx with the hashtag #IndividualiTEA and tag @TeaCouncil.
- You'll be prompted to finalize your entry for a chance to win at http://bit.ly/2e6EMBx.
About the Tea Council of the USA:
The Tea Council of the USA is a non-profit association that was formed in 1950 as a joint partnership between tea packers, importers and allied industries within the United States, and the major tea producing countries. It functions as the promotional arm of the tea industry with a primary goal of increasing overall awareness of tea by providing information about its many positive attributes. One of the Council's primary objectives is the dissemination of key scientific findings about tea to the public. The Tea Council does this in several ways including: funding scientific meetings to bring tea researchers from around the world together to share key information and identify next steps for future research projects; and working with health organizations and international scientists to disseminate information about potential positive health effects of tea consumption on a public level.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/share-your-individualitea-for-a-chance-to-win-500-and-a-years-supply-of-tea-300363817.html
SOURCE The Tea Council of the USA